What can we offer in our cycling cafe to make it somewhere you would love to come?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all.

I will apologise before I start.... I am one of those cyclists that likes to spoil a perfectly good bike ride by sandwiching it between a swim and a run. For my sins, I apologise!

I live in Birmingham and for a long time, my girlfriend and I wanted to set up a bit of a haven for cyclists. A kind of cycling cafe that includes a workshop, activities and events, some good food, great coffee and most importantly..... beer.

We are a start up business and plan to be opening in about 8 weeks. We plan to be a cycling cafe but also want to do our best to share the enjoyment we get through cycling with families and community members who may be new to cycling or may be returning. In the meantime, I would love to start talking to more people about what we can offer to make it somewhere that you would love to come to. We can't promise to do everything but what we do agree to, we plan to throw our hearts in to it!

Happy riding!

James

It's a crowded marketplace. You need a decent USP / and / or a fair bit of capital if you want to make it past the 'Death Valley curve' I would say, try something like a sports massage service / manicure / pedicure service, that would be a standout service. Good luck with your venture.:thumbsup:

LocalLad

i would have thought location would be a bigger factor. Probably need to be bang on a main cycle route without too much competition - and not near the start

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Good value and quality cakes and other food and a pleasant welcome to all. However your location will be one of the most influential factors to your success. Good luck with the new venture. :okay:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
There is a cyclist friendly cafe in Hebden Bridge right at the side of the canal towpath, it is extremely popular with walkers, cyclists and boaters alike. Good food , both savoury and sweet, a variety of coffee and a good selection of (electric) bikes, cycle stands outside to park your bike. If you can meet the needs of ALL the passing trade you have cracked it, find out what people want, cater for the trade that come through the door and you won't go far wrong.

Klassikbike

Do a nice advertising marketing campaign in the local papers once its set-up. 1 Free cofee for each new customer. in the add might attract new people to come in.
A nice decorated cofee with sofa seats that create a comfortable atmosphere. Cycling books and magazines to read for free. A good cofee will make your customers return and bring new customers. Offer bike repair and maintenance services. Offer cycling foods, drinks, snacks and gels. Your barrista needs a hipster beard.

Sorry if that was difficult to read, I just posted some random things that might help make a sucessful cycle cafe.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Free air, free servicing advice, free loan of tools, indoor and outdoor seating, tolerance of smokers, plenty of bike parking.
Affordable servicing and spares (Tea and coffee and cake will be your big earners, so marking up brake pads and puncture kits too much would be counter productive). Where is this cafe?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Jumbo sausage rolls. Charger points for gps and phone. Plus all that stuff about security location and cake.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If you get the coffee right then I don't really care about anything else. But getting the coffee right is very very difficult.

Top Bottom