What can you do with carpet off cuts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
A cheap make-do goatee beard for your first few visits to the local 'Vladimir Ilyich Lenin Appreciation Society'?

Norm

Until Comedy Pilot started posting, I think I've done / got most of those.

Another to add to the list is to lay it on the ground before putting down a pond liner, again to stop puncturing.

Oh, and anyone with a motorbike that gets left for long periods on concrete should lay a piece under each tyre, much better for the rubber to sit on carpet than on bare concrete.

TVC

I can't remember where this one came from, most likely Viz:

Tape a small piece of carpet to the bottom of your slippers, then there is no need to carpet the whole house.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Rub your GF's bottom vigorously with it so that she gets carpet burns then snigger and tell your pals that you had really rampant sex on the floor last night?

Mark_Robson

Globalti said:
Rub your GF's bottom vigorously with it so that she gets carpet burns then snigger and tell your pals that you had really rampant sex on the floor last night?
Doing your knees might be an easier option. :wacko:
Unpick all the wool from the carpet off cuts and use it to make a proggy mat. If you make one to the dimensions of your room it will look just like a carpet.

Noodley

We had quite a decent sized cut-off when we re-carpetted our living room, and it's now used in my bike storage room as somewhere comy for my bikes to rest their tyres on....

If I'd had smaller pieces I'd have been tempted to stitch them into my pants and used them instead of padded bibshorts :wacko:

Top Bottom