What cement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Don’t hope. Have they dropped anything down the chamber ?
Looks good enough to me. It's an old patio which at some point when we can afford it will be brought up and replaced by a conservatory. I imagine we'll have to look at all the drainage and stuff so it's only got to be good enough until then.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
If you intend to build over it at some point you may have to move the inspection chamber outside the boundary of the house. We had to move ours when we built out the back.
the builder built a spur to the new chamber and rerouted everything back to the main sewer run.
The sewer runs at the rear of our houses. I bet loads of houses in my road have just built straight over the top with no access.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
If you intend to build over it at some point you may have to move the inspection chamber outside the boundary of the house. We had to move ours when we built out the back.
the builder built a spur to the new chamber and rerouted everything back to the main sewer run.
The sewer runs at the rear of our houses. I bet loads of houses in my road have just built straight over the top with no access.
This drain runs down the back of the houses and turns a corner at that chamber to run to the street at the front, under our extension which apparently had buildover permission. I think the whole drain system under the patio is a bit of a mess as the ground floor was reconfigured and the kitchen moved to the extension by the previous owners. I guess it really all wants digging up and relaying properly.

Top Bottom