What colour?? And QL1 or 2??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Big question!

After much debate and mucking about I'm gonna get me some Ortlieb back roller classics and need to decide on the colour!!! Very sad I know but didn't realise there was such a big choice!! Thought the red 'uns were the only ones they did...

Upgrading my pannier rack to accommodate the new babies too so I can get rid of the seat post rack. In good nick if anyone wants it!

Can people enlighten me also, on the difference between the QL1 and QL2 systems?? Have read that it's just a different way of attaching the bag to the rack. The back roller classics are QL1 but the newer version is QL2...

As always, your thoughts and opinions are much appreciated!! :wacko:

pinkkaz

Veteran
When I'm able to afford them I reckon I'll go for the red or the black!

Tynan

Veteran
got red and like it

sen the yellow and ind it jarring, it's quite a mustard yellow

seen silver and it's tarty

dunno what fixings I have but its bombproof

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have the red and Mr Summerdays the yellow - I think its quite sunshine yellow in colour. The blue was too dark, ditto the black. I was tempted by a couple of places which seemed to have orange ones... but never saw one in the flesh. And it was definitely worth having different coloured ones so we can identify our own easily.

I'm going to get myself the bar bag with some Christmas money from my parents. It was annoying when on my mini tour to have to keep opening the bags in the rain to get things out.

And mine are the roller classics ... I think you are stuck with the fittings, the classics come with the QL1 whilst the fabric ones have the QL2. That may be the wrong way around, but the fittings come with the bag type.

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Tis done!

Ordered the Red from Wiggle with an extra £5 off through myvouchercodes so will look forward to the delivery sometime this week. Hopefully no mega hold-ups seeing as Wiggle are based about 6 miles from my house!! Shame there's no counter service there.

My bike is black, so the red will complement well which is why I decided against the black and the blue. The yellow look fab (I have a yellow car :rolleyes:) and would be good for visibility but will also look shocking when filthy dirty. The silver, well I'm not sure about them - something and nothing. I also spotted online some white special edition versions but decided in the end, to go for the originals in red - good colour (can't believe I've said that as a True Blue Pompey-ite!!) complementing the black bike, bright enough and won't look too shabby when a bit grubby!!

Come on Mr Postman!!!

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Hee hee, they've arrived!! They would have been here 31st Dec but was out when they were originally delivered. Excellent delivery service Wiggle, thanks! No sweeties though...:tongue:

Now the fun and games, installing and getting to grips with them.

Glad I plumped for the red in the end - love the colour. Will test drive them for the first work commute on Monday.

Top Bottom