1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DID happen to C+ forum?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Twenty Inch, 14 Aug 2007.

1. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

What did happen? Is there a story? Or did the forum just disappear up its own fundament?

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Oh dear. You asked. We can tell you, but we have to kill you afterwards. Or to be really secure, before...

3. johnr

johnr Über Member

I notice there's still a 'from the forum' column in the mag, my old link just takes me through to a bike shop's site though.

4. Arch

...and it came to pass that in those days a decree went out from Future Augustus that each should go from the place of their forumming, each to be registered on a new forum and that it would be great.

And they did go, willing and unwilling, and some of them did see that it was not great, because they did have their names messed about with, and there was great whiteness and a plague of yoofs. And yea, led by Krypton and a few bold prophets, including the Mister that is named Paul and she who is called Arch, they did set out in search of a new forum and Krypton did say unto them "Come and start a new promised land in the forum that is called Cyclechat". So they did look, and it was good, and there was no great whiteness and it was all cosy and homely. So the prophets did email all their friends and they did come as well and it did grow and grow, like Topsy. And despite this Krypton, who is also called Admin, did manage the influx very well, and they were all grateful.

From this day forward, let all tell of the great forum migration, and let there be celebration of our deliverance, and cake and tea and all manner of beverages.

Amen.

5. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Something's happened to the C+ site!? Nobody told me ;)

6. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

All the forums associated with Future Publishing's bicycle titles were combined into one mega forum.

However, unlike in the 1960s, when communities in our city centres were 'developed' and 'improved' by herding people into monstrous tower blocks, many people this time around, found they had the option of moving out to a new town in the garden suburbs.

Of course, other communities are available, some (one) of which does a far more proactive job in keeping their streets free of 'deviants'. Here a more liberal approach to caring for these elements within the community is favoured, although at the moment this policy is placing an undue strain on Psychiatric Nurses Arch, Mister Paul, et al.

7. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

it just went off the radar ;)

8. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

Where you been hiding eh??

Following a banishment from C+, we were herded into Bikeradar, until an Exodus led by Paul and Arch (mainly) brought everyone to this new, promised land.

9. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

Imagine you favourite, local café, being taken over by McDonalds.;)

10. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

And another one opening up, just around the corner....

11. Arch

What do I do to get rid of the vision I have now of me and Mr Paul standing atop an arid mountain in long beards, waving tablets of stone at the sky?;)

12. alecstilleyedye

could be worse, i'm stuck with a vision of being a sheep ;)

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Funny -I used to work in a psychiatric hospital.

14. alecstilleyedye

if you call basket weaving work that is ;)

15. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

if you call basket weaving work that is ;)[/QUOTE]

Dream catchers, I'll have you know.