What DID happen to C+ forum?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Twenty Inch, 14 Aug 2007.

1. John Ponting

John Ponting Über Member

I still feel that C+ to BR was badly handled but it is getting better. It's also good to see that CC is picking up both on number and content of threads/posts.

Hope everybody noticed that I put deserters in quotes - just couldn't think of a better word. Not intended to be judgemental.

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

there's nothing wrong with being multi-fora. br is not what c+ used to be, but to dismiss it (or acf) as irrelevant would be wrong. i've been known to nip back on, but never for long as i don't really feel a part of it any more.

3. redshift

redshift Senior Member

You want blood, Chuffy? It can be arranged, you know... ;)

4. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

are there many bi-forasexuals on here?

5. chris42

chris42 New Member

No I mono
    faithfull to here only

6. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

there's a few tri-forasexuals, they'll try any forum once!

7. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Now that's an offer I've not had before....:sad:
    Nice to see you Shifters old girl! ;)

8. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

BR has improved greatly. I don't think that there is anything wrong with it these days.

IMO, the problem is that the old C+ members spread themselves over BR, CC and other sites so watered down the 'old forum', which can no longer be found on any of the sites to which people migrated.

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

i believe that's called "choice". the government is very keen on it, apparently.

10. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

I wasn't saying anything about choice - or at least didn't intend to.

I was just making the observation that the old C+ site has disappeared in both name and ethos, despite migrations by its members to places such as this site.

I use, and like, both BR and CC.

11. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Yeah, nip in,
    nip out,
    More fun over here.

12. TimO

TimO Veteran

I've got no idea what that means, or implies...;)

13. yenrod

yenrod Guest

I've got no idea what that means, or implies...;)[/QUOTE]

Tim O seemed like a person who would be suited to the ACF forum all along whilst I 'knew him' at C+...

DO YOU UNDERSTAND now....

14. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

And another thing....here you can hover the mouse over the thread link to see what is inside - very good for titles giving little away!

15. Jonathan M

Jonathan M New Member

Well, I've just (today) moved from BR to here. I tried ACF when there was a bit of a spat on the old C+ a while ago, and found it a bit too cliquey - a reason why I don't use STW as well.

I've already seen a few names here that I know, and it seems a bit like the old community that was C+.

BR seemed a bit too much like Bikemagic became - simply too big to be good, and not necessarily a good resource. I've not used bikemagic for several years, as the same threads (what bike, roadies are gay etc) seem to come up all the time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice