What DID happen to C+ forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I still feel that C+ to BR was badly handled but it is getting better. It's also good to see that CC is picking up both on number and content of threads/posts.

Hope everybody noticed that I put deserters in quotes - just couldn't think of a better word. Not intended to be judgemental.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
there's nothing wrong with being multi-fora. br is not what c+ used to be, but to dismiss it (or acf) as irrelevant would be wrong. i've been known to nip back on, but never for long as i don't really feel a part of it any more.

Blue

Legendary Member
BR has improved greatly. I don't think that there is anything wrong with it these days.

IMO, the problem is that the old C+ members spread themselves over BR, CC and other sites so watered down the 'old forum', which can no longer be found on any of the sites to which people migrated.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Blue said:
BR has improved greatly. I don't think that there is anything wrong with it these days.

IMO, the problem is that the old C+ members spread themselves over BR, CC and other sites so watered down the 'old forum', which can no longer be found on any of the sites to which people migrated.

i believe that's called "choice". the government is very keen on it, apparently.

Blue

Legendary Member
I wasn't saying anything about choice - or at least didn't intend to.

I was just making the observation that the old C+ site has disappeared in both name and ethos, despite migrations by its members to places such as this site.

I use, and like, both BR and CC.

yenrod

TimO;41818][quote name= said:
Timo seemed like an ACF'er all along...

I've got no idea what that means, or implies...;)[/QUOTE]

Tim O seemed like a person who would be suited to the ACF forum all along whilst I 'knew him' at C+...

DO YOU UNDERSTAND now....

Jonathan M

Well, I've just (today) moved from BR to here. I tried ACF when there was a bit of a spat on the old C+ a while ago, and found it a bit too cliquey - a reason why I don't use STW as well.

I've already seen a few names here that I know, and it seems a bit like the old community that was C+.

BR seemed a bit too much like Bikemagic became - simply too big to be good, and not necessarily a good resource. I've not used bikemagic for several years, as the same threads (what bike, roadies are gay etc) seem to come up all the time.

Top Bottom