What did we learn from this year's Tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
yeah, he's not very good at ITT's, unless they're in Belfast.
Didn't he win one in an early season race this year? I'll go and look!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Really?
Who do you think would have beaten Froome as a team leader from Sky?

Not sure that is the way. You buy the Sky domestiques (or similar) to be your domestiques by paying them more. Then you recruit Tom Dumoulin, get him to lose a few kgs while not wrecking his TT.

I reckon you'd be in with a good shout, particularly in a TT-heavy Tour

oldroadman

Veteran
I see the tour as a team event, the best team gets their man in the top spot at the end.
Correct. All professional racing is a team sport with an individual winner. Job of the team is to try and ensure the individual winner is their protected rider. Quite simple, really. Not! If it was, there would be a few of us a bit better off than we are today...;)

Correct. All professional racing is a team sport with an individual winner. Job of the team is to try and ensure the individual winner is their protected rider. Quite simple, really. Not! If it was, there would be a few of us a bit better off than we are today...;)
I'm not sure there is a relationship between "the job" and "earnings".

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Then you recruit Tom Dumoulin
I heard that Sky have been eyeing him up for quite a while.:giggle:

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I learned that ITV4 have unforgivably meddled with the classic opening theme tune of the highlights by including some sort of bizzare swishing noise as the images change. I thought I was going mad the first time I heard it but it really is there.

Otherwise I thought the ITV4 highlights programme was really excellent throughout, balanced really well.

Top Bottom