What did we learn from this year's Tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was reasonably impressed that the BBC (the Breakfast bit I see anyway) gave some time to covering the Tour. It looks as if policy these days at the BBC is to big-up anything that might be on the BBC (like the newt strangling from Tadcaster) and then speculate on what might happen if there was any football. Even test cricket barely gets a mention. Admittedly, their interest is largely in when a British rider is successful, and they have all the naive nationalism of a Brexiteer, but there was some coverage, even if they couldn't pronounce the names of all those filthy foreigners out to do us down. (Mollema was a big challenge.)
Very good coverage in the Times too.

OP
OP
Hont

Hont

Guru
even if they couldn't pronounce the names of all those filthy foreigners
They're not alone there though. I think ITV4, or was it Radio 5 or maybe it was Eurosport (anyway one of them) brought in a cycling Journo for his comments (I think it was Jeremy Whittle but you can probably guess I'm not too reliable on this one) and he pronounced everyone's name completely different from the commentators. :wacko:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ned and David both pronounced Movistar differently. One pronounced the "mov" so it rhymed with the "cov" of Coventry. The other said "mow" as in mow the lawn.

Top Bottom