What did you eat for breakfast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday, Mrs Salad was baking some part baked rolls for our breakfast bacon rolls, then took a phone call from her brother and forgot about them.... They emerged from the oven rather darker than normal (but not burnt) and too crusty to be eaten, so a second batch was cooked for breakfast.
Today, I sliced the overdone ones and toasted them for breakfast, with butter, jam and a cup of coffee. Very good!

stephec

Legendary Member
Today I had a McDonald's breakfast roll meal, surprisingly decent and better than a sausage and egg mcmuffin, my new McDonald's breakfast of choice.

Normally its just coffee for breakfast today i had a three egg mushroom omelette, my new non stick frying pan is too non stick every time I tried to flip it over it just slid around, in the end i did a pancake style flip ...successfully :rolleyes:

Back to coffee i think eating in the morning just feels wrong unless i'm going out on a long ride.

I also prepared dinner this morning at the same time, leaving it to slow cook for six hours.
1607366757234.png

Today I had a McDonald's breakfast roll meal, surprisingly decent and better than a sausage and egg mcmuffin, my new McDonald's breakfast of choice.
is that what we call their sausage breakfast burrito? if so, those are also good frozen. I typically will give it a minute in the microwave then a little time in the toaster oven. sure beats scrambling your own eggs

stephec

Legendary Member
is that what we call their sausage breakfast burrito? if so, those are also good frozen. I typically will give it a minute in the microwave then a little time in the toaster oven. sure beats scrambling your own eggs
It's a roll with cheese, bacon, egg, and sausage in it. It's new according to the posters.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Scrambled egg, nuked tomato and corn fritter

really eating McD's is okay? i'm gobsmacked that they can make basic good ingredients into such horrible looking food.
not my 1st choice. had my 1st job there when I was 15. back then (40 yrs ago) it was a novelty & expectations were very low. mostly it was fun, not good. I was one of the 1st ppl to cook breakfast for them. went on to do some short-order cooking thru college years. I'm pretty picky & when I get McD's I'm most often very disappointed. a lot has to do with who is preparing the food. I get stuff sometimes & I look at it & I just want to cry, yell, scream, take it back & tell them this is wrong, just wrong, this sucks you should be re-trained. I can list all the suff I don't like but there isn't enough room. however, there are rare moments where the product is delivered as it should be, but one must have low expectations for what to expect. the burritos aren't bad if they are made fresh & by well trained ppl who give a f*ck about what they do. we have 2 within striking distance of my office, one stinks, the other is good. must be a management thing. but back to the burritos. they are emergency breakfast items, way better than the frozen ones at the grocery store, again gotta lower expectations. but if you get a few good ones & pop them in the freezer right away, they can be reconstituted the next morning. but with discretion, for example if I have to work early & we have snow to clear off the cars, etc. I have cats to tend to also. so if I'm running around & don't have much time, they help me get out the door with more than just carbs in my tummy

but aside from the quality of the low expectation food, is the smell. if I'm hungry I'll eat the stuff but afterwards I can't take the smell. I have to get rid of all the wrappers & open my car windows. I remember when they put in the 1st drive-thrus. I was convinced it was for the lazy ppl & I always would go inside anyway. hmmm, 40 years later & I like the drive thru! especially if the girls are flirty.

coffee is a mixed bag too. if I see them empty the pot into my cup I ask for another please. I can't stand how they add milk so I usually get it black & add my own at the office. but when I do I only get milk & I'm specific about how much

I rarely admit I eat there, but this place is somewhat anonymous right? ;-)

Last edited:
Normally its just coffee for breakfast today i had a three egg mushroom omelette, my new non stick frying pan is too non stick every time I tried to flip it over it just slid around, in the end i did a pancake style flip ...successfully :rolleyes:

Back to coffee i think eating in the morning just feels wrong unless i'm going out on a long ride.

I also prepared dinner this morning at the same time, leaving it to slow cook for six hours.
View attachment 562179
this photo is beautiful, by the way. I'm convinced if someone could figure out healthy good food prepped & served thru a drive-thru, here is the US, they'd be millionaires

Top Bottom