what did you think of the bike show...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
... if you went?

i must admit, i was a bit disappointed with the colours of the Trek Madone's. was it the lighting? it had a sparkle in it, but it wasn't very sparkly under that light. the colours look much better on the website. i did like the colour of the 6.5, with the red stripe (think it was the WSD one) but at £3,800 it was slightly out of my price range :rolleyes:

so now thinking about getting a specialized roubaix or tarmac.

:biggrin: i dunno tho, i did have my heart set on a Trek.

it was pretty good. some interesting stuff, some not so. the Pegorettis were the stars for me, but i'm biased.

i did get to meet Mick from Prendas, so worth it for that alone.

L

Much much better than last year yet not as good as Eurobike. I went with the express intention of being disappointed again at a British trade show but was pleasantly surprised. Many companies conspicuous by their absence, no Kona, Giant etc. The tryout tracks were of interest, nice to see that Mosquito have picked up Fixie inc. and I got Richard to sign me a copy of his new book.

Which was nice.

walker

That new Raleigh looks fantastic, I'm gunna wait for a review before opening the wallet though.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I was trying not to salivate over the Pinarello stand :ohmy: I also liked the Classic Condor Pista in gold. I took a few pics with a crap camera so will put them on flikr when I get around to it.

walker said:
That new Raleigh looks fantastic, I'm gunna wait for a review before opening the wallet though.

Raleigh/fantastic, oxymoron shurely?

Just another example of Raleigh badge engineering. Sure its nice but it aint a Raleigh. Raleigh dont make bikes, they market bikes which are manufactured by other companies.

Raleighs for the German market have a bronze plaque which reads 'Best of British'(!!!!!!! :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:) Best of Cambodia they mean.

I hate Raleigh.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I've not been, partly because I don't understand why you have to pay to get in to what is essentially a massive advert.......

Maybe if it cost 50p to order a ticket it would be OK, that way they could control numbers etc.

But why should I pay for the companies to try and sell me their stuff?

walker

zimzum42 said:
I've not been, partly because I don't understand why you have to pay to get in to what is essentially a massive advert.......

Maybe if it cost 50p to order a ticket it would be OK, that way they could control numbers etc.

But why should I pay for the companies to try and sell me their stuff?

Same way people pay for the ideal home show, and the national wedding show

Top Bottom