What did you want to be when you grew up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't remember having any ambition as such other than to be a pop star or fashion designer...A while ago I wanted to be a psychoanalyst but I've gone off the idea, and now all I want to be is a florist...!

Suffice it to say that I am none of these currently.

So what did you want to be when you grew up?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I got so fed up with my parents' friends asking me this question that I learned the words "Nuclear Physicist". That always stopped 'em.

I bet they thought I was a precocious little tosser though.

Never thought I'd end up in export sales - I blame my rubbish careers advisors who, on hearing that I was doing languages, all suggested I could be a teacher, an interpreter or a translator. Complete lack of imagination, then!

With the same motivation as Rigid Raider I used to tell them (dead pan, look em in the eye) that I wanted to be a druid.

Actually I really wanted to be an artist since as long as I can remember. Going to art college for four years cured me of that.

SamNichols

I wanted to be a chef, for ages. It's on my back burner to eventually have a try at it. But, in the meantime, I guess Theologian shall have to be what I do (I wonder if there has ever been a Theologian/Chef before?).

domtyler

Über Member
Elmer Fudd said:
A Gynaecologist

Shall we call you Dr. Elmer "Sorry I've run out of gloves" Fudd? :blush:

walker

I wanted to be a promoter of either sports or Music, and had a back up plan of being a Paramedic. So 15 years later I'm now an accountant.

Leaving this though to move to Australia and work in sports Development.

Top Bottom