What did you want to be when you grew up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never had a career plan and was adept at falling into crap jobs with crap money. My long term ambition is to make a living as a writer/journalist. It's a slow process because the day job gets in the way but I'm getting there. :blush:

pzycoman

I dont remember what I wanted to be when i wanted to grow up, but now I know i want to be a hitman.

gbb

Legendary Member
A lorry driver :biggrin:

I used to watch them go by as a kid....i wanna do that :o)

I eventually realised i have never realised an ambition yet :blush::smile::biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Elmer Fudd said:
A Gynaecologist
Is that so you could wallpaper the hall through the letterbox?:o)

I wanted to be a dancer on the Rolf Harris show.:blush:

Abitrary

I remember watching Playschool as a kid, and there was a thing about barbers.

The barber asked this young lad what he wanted to be when he grew up, and he said 'a woman'.

I swear, for a couple of years after seeing that, I didn't know that your adult gender was predetermined

KitsuneAndy

Kirstie said:
I can't remember having any ambition as such other than to be a pop star or fashion designer...A while ago I wanted to be a psychoanalyst but I've gone off the idea, and now all I want to be is a florist...!

Suffice it to say that I am none of these currently.

So what did you want to be when you grew up?

I can't remember what I wanted to be when I was little, but I remember that I did my work experience with a Systems Analyst and enjoyed that, so based my university choices around that.

Unfortunately, I just got drunk instead of studying once I realised I was crap at programming, quit uni and got a job at Norwich Union.

However, I've now just been given a promotion and moved into our IT area as a Systems Analyst, so gone full circle really.

Now to find out if I can learn to program this time round.

Top Bottom