What do the CX guys think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
I have a day one disc already and it's standard, standard tyres, but I do on dirt tracks, bridle ways, road, hills and have done a 1:7 gradient on it. Performs brilliantly. The forks do shudder a bit under hard breaking but that's widely reported. Does make me think how the CX/off road specific day one decade would perform.

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Just read up and it's not a 36 chainring.....

Like the other models in the Day One range it features a Mjolnir seamless double-butted cromoly frame and new lugged steel fork which comes loaded with eyelets, braze-ons and thru-fork leg dynamo routing. Genesis have equipped the Day One Decade with a 38x17T drivetrain which provides the perfect singlespeed off-road gearing. The Day One Decade rolls on Alex Draw 1.9P rims which are laced to Joytech 6-bolt hubs front and rear with a dedicated singlespeed cassette hub (no clunky screw-on freewheels). Braking is provided by TRP Spyre-C mechanical disc brakes which provide excellent stopping power in all weather conditions. Completing the new Day One Decade is a Genesis finishing kit including handlebar, steam, seatpost and saddle.

outlash

also available in orange
Stick some knobblies on it, that's the only real difference :smile:. FWIW, I never had fork judder on my old Day One, nothing to worry about though.

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Stick some knobblies on it, that's the only real difference :smile:. FWIW, I never had fork judder on my old Day One, nothing to worry about though.

I read a few saying it was the steel fork flexing due to the more powerful disc brake, amongst other reasons but it's only hard down hill and rest of the time it's spot on. Glad to here it's nothing to worry over :okay:

Top Bottom