What do we call ourselves............?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
cyclist.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
gaz said:
TBH i love the look of bents and i might look at getting one in the future.
The jokes are mostly due to jealousy :ohmy:

You'd hate it. Buses lose all of their appeal. :wacko:

HeyWayne said:
Armchair cyclist.

Backpeddler.

Special.

LOL! We're not in the business of selling backs, merely preserving them.

Actually, I do get called special a fair bit. Seems to come with the territory. The only time its been anything of an issue was when I pulled up at a not so local cafe last summer. The proprietor happened to be kerbside when I arrived, and quickly pulled a table across to me as I rolled to a stop. We shared a lovely conversation about the 'bent, his wife bringing over a lovely cream tea. When she offered to refill my water bottle (actually a bladder in the tailbox) I got up to pay.

She very nearly hit me. A disgrace, I was. Leading her on to think I was being all brave about things when I could walk all along.

I don't recall saying I couldn't walk. :thumbsup:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
arallsopp said:
You'd hate it. Buses lose all of their appeal. :angry:

LOL! We're not in the business of selling backs, merely preserving them.

Actually, I do get called special a fair bit. Seems to come with the territory. The only time its been anything of an issue was when I pulled up at a not so local cafe last summer. The proprietor happened to be kerbside when I arrived, and quickly pulled a table across to me as I rolled to a stop. We shared a lovely conversation about the 'bent, his wife bringing over a lovely cream tea. When she offered to refill my water bottle (actually a bladder in the tailbox) I got up to pay.

She very nearly hit me. A disgrace, I was. Leading her on to think I was being all brave about things when I could walk all along.

I don't recall saying I couldn't walk. :biggrin:

did that really happen?, I'd love to have seen it:biggrin:

Rewind

Can't comment as I've never tried riding one, any offers of a test ride in the Otley area....?

Personally I think Betty Swollocks "Low Down Bums" sums it up quite well.

Rewind

mcd

I'd go for Cyclist as well - a good catch all for the recumbent riders who also ride standard bikes. But Laid Back Rider is also a good one as it conveys both the riding position and general attitude!

mcd

From Frunce: Vélocouchistes!

Which translates to something along the lines of "couch cyclists".

Top Bottom