What do we call ourselves............?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
scoosh said:
Vélocouchistes :bravo:gets my vote :smile:

Great language Frunce has :biggrin:

Or Velocouchista and get the yanks to give us arms and money for a rebellion?

Arch

Married to Night Train
mcd said:
From Frunce: Vélocouchistes!

Which translates to something along the lines of "couch cyclists".

I've just been riding with a couple on a trice recumbent tandem trike. Not so much a Velo Couche, as a Velo Grand Lit!

I like recumbenteer, but don't really have a word I use...

TreeHuggery

not thought about it before - but now you mention it - hmmmm long hard pause - scratches chin - "Recumberist?" that enjoys "recumberling" *wanders off to give it some serious thought*

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Well, after being known as 'Bent Andy for a number of years, I can also weigh in with today's thread necromancy.

Don't do it. ...its not the connotations of 'bent that are problematic. Its the fact that about 30% of the people I know think I'm called Ben Tandy. Didn't actually know this until celebrating a milestone when quite a close friend asked 'why do the balloons in that photo say 'Happy Birthday Andy' on them. 4 bloody years...

Bentnaughts for trikes and laid back riders 2 wheels

hurri

Regular
We call ourselfs "liggist" which is swedish for recumbent basically, it is a kind of joke also for "ligist" is swedish for Hooligans

I like this, we should adopt it in english... Liggist is nice and short and 'recumbent' somehow sounds like a misspelling of 'cumbersome' and 'bent' doesn't really sound like a bike IMHO. Frankly most people call it a 'lying down bike', so you can tell them anything ^_^

byegad

Legendary Member
Comfortable.

On a recent ride of recumbent trikes, DF riders and recumbent bike riders, we stopped while the leader consulted his map. All the 'proper cyclists' immediately got of their razor saddled bikes. The recumbent trikers merely pulled up and relaxed on their seats. while the recumbent bike riders had to unclip a foot and then relax.

The comfort of a recumbent is a big selling point for me.

paul fellows

NOTHING!!!
As Andy can confirm names are for talking about people, not to them.
So we may want names for..........
As to what they call you on the climb? just remind them as you pass them on the level.

Top Bottom