What do women really want for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
An apron which makes it look like they're wearing bra and spendies, plus a new spaghetti spoon. Trust me on this one. :biggrin:

wafflycat said:
The one who is *much more handsome* in real life than on any photograph I've seen of him is Jens Voight. In real life he's quite delicious. :biggrin:

and very very friendly. totally nice bloke. one of the most liked people in the peloton because he's such a top bloke.

Boonen has to be the babe of the peloton though.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
went to the dreaded trafford centre yesterday (our one opportunity to go ohne kinder) and was dreading the pressie for the misses thing. we walked in, she saw this display of digital photo frames and decided that was what she wanted. how much of a relief that is.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
wafflycat said:
The one who is *much more handsome* in real life than on any photograph I've seen of him is Jens Voight. In real life he's quite delicious. :biggrin:

I've often heard or read that Jens Voight is extremely funny and intelligent, if he is handsome as well, (he does not look particularly so in photos) then what more could you I want? :biggrin::biggrin:;)

NickM

Veteran
MsM will be getting Cannondale women-specific 8-panel shorts. And some more for her birthday, probably. And yes, she asked for them. Am I lucky, or what?

wafflycat

laurence said:
and very very friendly. totally nice bloke. one of the most liked people in the peloton because he's such a top bloke.

Boonen has to be the babe of the peloton though.

Yes, he's really a decent sort of chappie.
autograph005.jpg

Boonen is not my cup of tea.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
If I ask Mrs B directly what she wants, she just says she's not bothered and prefers a surprise.

However she keeps asking if I think her current best wheels 'are looking worn' and reading outloud bits from the review about the Reynolds carbon rimmed wheels they did in C+ a few months ago. I'm also bombarded with questions about wet weather braking on carbon rims and the difference revolving rim weight makes, etc, etc.

But if I ask 'do you want new wheels for Christmas', she will say 'no'. So I have to feign complete indifference and disinterest in all the hints and in return she will act completely surprised on discovering two big wheel shaped presents do in fact contain two wheels.

Is there a handbook on how all this works? Because even after all these years I still have no idea of the rationale behind it all.

Tetedelacourse

In the last few years, we've gone for a shared pressie, a night out at a nice restaurant and hotel, or show or something. Our opportunities to do this are limited these days so it's a good way to spend money, avoid the pressie search / catastrophe and still appreciate each other.

But I hope I get a workstand this year.

catwoman

ajevans said:
Buy her a new ironing board cover! Never fails to impress!

I need a new ironing board cover! That'll do nicely. Can you get me one of those metallic liners as well please? You can do both sides in one stroke with them. :biggrin:

P.S. I'm easy to please.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..all good ideas I suppose.

Mrs BTFB is actually very easy to please..ish...but I have to get it right or my days will be limited.
After 28 years together I think I have bought her most things...including an ironing board once (with cover) which was not, let's say, my finest hour.
I like the idea of those digger things though, I reckon she might like something like that, maybe racing cars or a jet ski session...only thing is I know she wont want to do it on her own, or with me...so I'll have to fork out for a few of her girlfriends as well i suppose...hmm...
...watching bungee jumping on tv she said she'd do it with no fear.. (unlike me who wimped out at the very thought)...so maybe...yes...I'll check her life assurance first though.

The only thing she said she wanted was some vouchers for a health spa...well I said why bother with the voucher just book it and I'll pay it....but no...apparently that is to practical...not romantic enuff...hmm....back to square one...again...

....they should change the words to that bozone song...you know the one...the one that should go..." I like it best, when we give nothing at all"

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
NickM said:
MsM will be getting Cannondale women-specific 8-panel shorts. And some more for her birthday, probably. And yes, she asked for them. Am I lucky, or what?

That's what she said she wanted.

medals

Arch said:
Well, I've asked for some money to buy fancy wool and more sizes of knitting needles, a Bagpuss or Clangers DVD, and a Ray Mears book.

I may not be a typical woman.

You sound like my kind of girl Arch! :biggrin:

radger

Veteran
I think what women want depends on the woman
I want some new computer games and new gear cables, preferably fitted to my bike so I don't have to. Oh, and my watch fixing
However, I have to spell this out, which somewhat ruins any surprise

Top Bottom