What do women really want for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham56

Guru
Or for the woman that has everything -how about penicillin :biggrin:

walker

I've taken the easyish route this year, After bugging her for about a month as to what she wanted and getting no answers, I popped into Swarovski and bought her some earings and a new necklace, but that left me under budget, so I bought her a new running jacket as she moans about being cold. Now I've still got £50 left and no idea what else to get. :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Tetedelacourse said:
In the last few years, we've gone for a shared pressie, a night out at a nice restaurant and hotel, or show or something. Our opportunities to do this are limited these days so it's a good way to spend money, avoid the pressie search / catastrophe and still appreciate each other.

But I hope I get a workstand this year.

That's a nice idea (the nights out, not the workstand). Husband and I are doing a photography evening course together as our present to each other this year. I can't wait. It means I get to spend some time with him (because he's nice) and it's already becoming a healthy competition to see who'll get the best marks!!

Buy her a coat. Women like coats. Make it a nice one, and take her along to choose it. This takes a bit of research, because you need to get the price range right (to within 200%). Bear in mind that the coat is not for her. It is for her sisters, work friends, mother to marvel at. Hence the expense.

Mrs L is not getting a coat this year. She is getting a handbag. And she's happy about it. But I think that she's had coats for the past six or seven years, so that's all right.

fairy

a new bike would be fantastic, but santa isnt that nice to me. I guess I'll settle for a set of suspension forks and some new hiking boots this year:smile:

maybe a nice man wouldnt go amiss either;)

yenrod

domtyler

Über Member
twentysix by twentyfive said:
waffly - he may appear to be what you want but don't forget that he is VERY quick. :biggrin: What you really want (if I may be permitted) is what used to be called a Stayer :biggrin: :sad:

Are you propositioning her? :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This evening I was trying to think of some ideas for you. (as it were).

If Mrs BT(slimmer)B would like a "spa" treat, have you thought of learning how to do a foot (or hand) massage? You could give her some very luxurious foot cream (Sanctuary Spa is a good one, easily available in Boots, and not expensive), or your nearest Beauty Salon could help you.
And a hand written card offering your newly-acquired skills :biggrin: Steady!

Wonderful pressies do not necessarily cost a lot. One of the best presents I received was a clock in the shape of the word "Bath" where the clock face appears in the lower circle of the "B".

At the other end of scale, was the helicopter flight (45 mins).:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
medals;124904][quote=Arch said:
Well, I've asked for some money to buy fancy wool and more sizes of knitting needles, a Bagpuss or Clangers DVD, and a Ray Mears book.

I may not be a typical woman.

You sound like my kind of girl Arch! :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

How sad is it that I immediately went to your profile to see if there was a picture of you....:biggrin:

All my loved ones are getting something knitted this year. Whether they want it or not! But they are getting other stuff too...

And I started making my homemade cards last night.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Perhaps I should explain, it was a clock for the Bath room:biggrin:. If you are still confusled, I try and send you a picture.

Actually, if you are in my computer, look over to the far right, and you should be able to see it. The clock is now on the wall just outside the Bathroom, and my computer is not in the bathroom.:biggrin:

Top Bottom