What do you get at the Chinese?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greenmark

Guru
I can't stand Chinese food

greenmark

Guru
^nah, they're quite easy about that sort of stuff.

But if I were to type something like "I think that the Dalzd &"ma sjould be the de,>craX#5al!y elected leader of Txlix" then the Great Firewall might do some weird stuff.

stevenb

Monosodium glutemate.....hydrogenated fats....yuk :biggrin:
Shame....I won't Chinese any more unless it's made with fresh ingredients.

I used to like Singapore Fried Rice Noodles...:biggrin:

Brock

stevenb said:
Monosodium glutemate.....hydrogenated fats....yuk :biggrin:
Shame....I won't Chinese any more unless it's made with fresh ingredients.

I used to like Singapore Fried Rice Noodles...:biggrin:

Spot on. Microwaved MSG prepackaged portion anyone? Nah, much better off with the kebab shop. A fresh lean lamb shish, cooked with right in front of you with no oil, fresh salad and pita bread. Can't really get a healthier fast food than that. I do love my curry though. Burp :biggrin:

stevenb

I was naughty and shared a KFC bargain bucket last night....whoops.....but it still doesn't play havoc with my stomach like a stodgy chinese would. :biggrin:

I agree with you Brock....I love kebabs, chicken shish or like a mixed doner from my local (chicken/lamb)...very healthy.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I'm hungry and thinking of a takeaway....but I will be strong and resist temptation...my fav is the crispy duck & pancakes

It's easier to break a heroin habit than a crispy duck and pancakes habit. :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Pancake Roll or Dry Spare Ribs to start followed by

Sweet & Sour Pork Hong Kong Style
House Special Chop Suey
Steamed Rice

Same thing every week (boring sods are we), so much so that she (owner) orders for me and I just say, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. Tank you very much.

If it's just me (if wife goes out) I'll have a King Prawn Curry and Steamed Rice.

Velly good takeaway and I've never had a bad one.

Arch

Married to Night Train
For me, it's always Chicken and Cashew Nuts, with fried rice.

While we're on chinese food, I was working alongside a Taiwanese student last week and we got to taking about the things the Chinese eat (everything, as far as I can tell) and she said she had samples of civet cat in the assemblage of bones she was analysing, and that she'd eaten civet. I asked what it tasted like. After careful thought, she said,

"Like dog."

And then, seeing my expression:

"Ah! You never eat dog...."

In the end, we settled on very gamey...

Top Bottom