What do you get out of your daily commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Thanks, I will. Just bruised I think not broken

I posted this in another thread but I think its worth repeating here.

"A mate had an off last Friday, he was OK, he rang his wife to come and pick him up, but to be sure he went to A&E to get checked out, he came home yesterday complete with a new hip ! the doctors were amazed that he walked in, but that is the reason he needed a complete new hip he had made the break worse by walking on it."

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
GWS @Welsh wheels !

The traffic round my work has been awful recently. Colleagues have been sat in cars for over 2 hours to drive 7 miles. My ten mile commute in takes 45 mins, and the 6 mile commute home takes under 30 mins whatever the traffic.

I love riding to work because it gives me :

Time-neutral exercise, fresh air for some of the ride, beautiful sunrises, sights of nature, time to think, and an appetite for cake which I can mostly indulge without putting on weight.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
You think. It might be worth going to A&E just in case! Don't be a 'typical bloke' about it ;)
I can stand on just the leg with the injured hip with virtually no pain at all, plus I can swing my leg back and forth on the injured side, again with little pain. The hip is only when touched or when walking. Fairly sure I haven't broken my hip :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I can stand on just the leg with the injured hip with virtually no pain at all, plus I can swing my leg back and forth on the injured side, again with little pain. The hip is only when touched or when walking. Fairly sure I haven't broken my hip :smile:
what about the elbow however?

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
So not really messed up ;)
Figure of speech...I might end up going to A and E with my hip anyway, just to be on the safe side.

MichaelO

Veteran
Worth getting it checked. I came off a couple of years ago on my commute, and landed on my arm. It hurt, but I cycled the remaining 12-14 miles home. Then showered and went off out to the pub. Woke up the next morning with it still "aching" - went to A&E and found I'd broken my arm very close to the elbow joint!!

Recovered in time to do the Ride London 5 weeks later :smile:

Ciar

Veteran
I do a round trip of 18 miles in London, it's not exciting it's grey and the views aren't brilliant :biggrin:

what i actually benefit from is

Not having to use the tube or car, unless desperate, it's cheap and i get to ride the MTB for hours on end in the forest due to the fitness from commuting :smile:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Inwards: Fresh air to wake me up, a little bit of countryside and seafront views, sunrises (weather and time of day/shift depending), an appetite for the contents of the biscuit tin.

Homewards: More fresh air to wake me up from the office, more countryside & seafront views, sunsets (also weather and time depending), wind down time from some of the idiots I have to deal with.

However, this year I've mostly got wet out of this year's commute:rain:

Top Bottom