What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Do you not know the the legal requirements for opening up ?
Your not going to be able to walk in when you like it for some time to come. They have to control numbers so you have to book a time slot.
You also have to give them your contact details for track and trace which they legally have to hold for 21 days.
They are not the only ones to have these requirement either.

Not looking to argue, but is this legal requirements or guidance? Some places in Leeds have made it clear it's a free-for all, that is they've left it it up to staff and customers to decide how they want to behave, others, probably chains, are now backtracking and opening from the following week and I don't blame them.

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
I don’t know, the numbers were posted with the aim of showing that only the 75+ are dying with Covid, which is clearly not the case
NHS stats are updated daily, deaths, deaths with Covid-19, deaths where they can only find Covid-19 as the cause. However, I think although updated daily, the deaths might have ocurred days/weeks before, not sure.

vickster

Legendary Member
NHS stats are updated daily, deaths, deaths with Covid-19, deaths where they can only find Covid-19 as the cause. However, I think although updated daily, the deaths might have ocurred days/weeks before, not sure.
I don't follow your point, it is late though!
the data are 3 weeks out of date though as only up to 5 June

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Very weak, I can find it in one click, try again and come back to me, it's herd opinion on here and no wonder when we are all reading the same censored articles. It's mind boggling on such a left leaning forum so many are happy to follow the governments lead. The Guardian is behaving every bit as badly as the Daily Mail and only The Telegraph is prepared to take on the Tories, strange times! We have censored coronvirus guidance.
Thanks, I think an alternative search engine may have found it. Do you mean the opaquely funded Free Speech Union defending Eamonn Holmes’ bizarre comments by way of a letter before an application for judicial review? Is that your evidence of mass media censorship and control?

For me, the best policy is to accept that understanding about this disease is changing over time but that the medical profession is still better placed to advise me than eugenics fan Toby Effing Young.

Kryton521

Über Member
Maybe have my new kitten, otherwise it'll be the same as always. Weather dependant and work allowing, cycle ride. Social distance from others. Let the idiots catch the plague

tom73

Guru
Not looking to argue, but is this legal requirements or guidance? Some places in Leeds have made it clear it's a free-for all, that is they've left it it up to staff and customers to decide how they want to behave, others, probably chains, are now backtracking and opening from the following week and I don't blame them.

Let's put it this way the law now allows either the police to close a pub if they feel public order is at risk. The LA have the power to remove or suspend a licence. Local public health officers have the power to close any building licenced or not if they feel it's a danger to public health. So guidelines or law it makes little difference to the bigger picture. As current law allows anyone who treats this as a joke to be dealt with. So it's in the best interests of a licence holder to work within the guidelines.

Drago

Legendary Member
Waking up, farting, scratching my butt, washing, putting on sufficient clothes to avoid an indecency arrest, walking the dog, drinking a few cups of coffee, Guinness, eating, snooze, have a Forrest Gump, eat, shower, sleep. Just a regular day.

What's so special about the 4th July, other than if you're American?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Did you read the article? It talks about a growing body of people - many under 40 - who get covid19 mildly but then symptoms including recurring high temperature, breathing problems and extreme fatigue dragging on for months.
My wife would confirm this. It took her about four months to fully recover from what she firmly believes to have been Covid-19.

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

You're clearly out to provoke you got a ban on the covid thread for the same thing. Look's like you've moved on to this one your right to point the danger of motor vehicles. They do have one things in common the actions of others that make them a danger. The difference is you can see them and try and do something about it. You can't see a virus and with this one you may not have a clue you are risk to others. Covid don't give a fig if you're not bothered about it or think it's a joke. So believe what ever your think , act in a way you see fit. Kindly just keep well away from others when you're doing it. Or act with an ounce of respect to others for once that's how the current public health emergency works. It's how a human society works by looking out for others.

As some have tried to point out we still know very little about the long term effects of even a mild case has. If you still think it's only the old that need worry. My wife must have made up caring for all agers with covid. Or her friend must have made up the fact that her husband (under 40) is on a ventilator due to covid.In fact after 7 week's he still is be it he's now awake but still needs one to aid his breathing. Sadly other complications of being on a ventilator have happened and he's now's on dialysis due to kidney failure. All because he got covid so I guess the joke is on him or maybe it's on the one's who still don't understand or even care. I know which side i'd go with and I've good idea which side others would go with too.
Think I better put you back on ignore or it may end up with this tread getting locked.
Me?

Rocky

Hello decadence
Waking up, farting, scratching my butt, washing, putting on sufficient clothes to avoid an indecency arrest, walking the dog, drinking a few cups of coffee, Guinness, eating, snooze, have a Forrest Gump, eat, shower, sleep. Just a regular day.

What's so special about the 4th July, other than if you're American?
I’m so glad I don’t have to share a bed with you......but equally, I bet you are pleased you don’t share my bed

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

For me, the best policy is to accept that understanding about this disease is changing over time but that the medical profession is still better placed to advise me than eugenics fan Toby Effing Young.
No idea who "Toby Effing Young" is but the medical profession is very consistent in their inconsistency.
No point wearing a mask, save lives wear mask. I am not just talking about covid19.
2 pints a day is good for you.
Any amount of alcohol will give you cancer (with no statistics supplied)
Eggs are bad for you.
Eggs are good for you.
Vegs is good for you.
Asparagus contains a cancer giving toxin. Eat sparingly and only boil. The latter information was supplied just after I had planted 25 1 year old asparagus plants. Or possibly 2 year old.
The hangover from alcohol consumption is caused by dehydration. A ludicrous view based on a experiment on one person in 1942. Yet the medical profession has been happily spreading this idiot view since then.
Those are a tiny example of the gross inconsistency of the medical profession.
Testicles to them

Top Bottom