What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Waking up, farting, scratching my butt, washing, putting on sufficient clothes to avoid an indecency arrest, walking the dog, drinking a few cups of coffee, Guinness, eating, snooze, have a Forrest Gump, eat, shower, sleep. Just a regular day.

What's so special about the 4th July, other than if you're American?
I guess Saturday isn't your Y-fronts blowtorching day?

lane

Veteran
If it all goes tits up and they have to backtrack in a couple of weeks, but poor old Leicester still haven't opened, do you think they will then let Leicester have a couple of weeks opening on their own to make up for it?

On 4th July, I will be keeping well away from pubs and newly opened shops. I might, perhaps go to a supermarket for some essentials, but other than that I will be keeping well away......

MarkF

Guru
Let's put it this way the law now allows either the police to close a pub if they feel public order is at risk. The LA have the power to remove or suspend a licence. Local public health officers have the power to close any building licenced or not if they feel it's a danger to public health. So guidelines or law it makes little difference to the bigger picture. As current law allows anyone who treats this as a joke to be dealt with. So it's in the best interests of a licence holder to work within the guidelines.

It does make a difference to the bigger picture Tom, it's not law, just guidelines. I don't think anybody is treating this as a joke, not me for sure as I am totally appalled at the damage we are doing to "fight" something that I expect will be proven to be no more dangerous than a seasonal flu. I can't stop thinking about that human damage.

Landsurfer

Veteran
It does make a difference to the bigger picture Tom, it's not law, just guidelines. I don't think anybody is treating this as a joke, not me for sure as I am totally appalled at the damage we are doing to "fight" something that I expect will be proven to be no more dangerous than a seasonal flu. I can't stop thinking about that human damage.
Totally agree, but i'm not putting it clearly enough ... so i keep getting told off ...
I don't care if i catch this virus .... like a huge amount of the population i have probably already had it.
And Julie .....
The human factor deaths will massively outnumber those in the high risk groups that have sadly lost their lives ...
I see around me a collective madness that i fail to understand .... I'm not provoking, not being a troll .. i genuinely do not understand
:sad:

AndyRM

XOXO
This thread is wild.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just had an email to say our local is opening 6th July. You have to book a table even if you just want a drink. Contactless payment only. Menus will be single use.

Our son runs a pub. If you want a drink there you have to have an app......no bar service, you order your drink on the app.

It will be a long time before we sit in a pub. Maybe in the garden, order and pay via an app but I doubt it.

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Ermh I need to ring the 12 pubs that I intend on drinking in on the 4th to see what the score is. Maybe I will have to cut the number to 11 or even less. You virus spreading city folk have a lot to answer for.

It's maddening to see people advocating a dangerous and arguably deluded path of "it's fine, more people die of x anyway, herd immunity is the only way" (i got kicked out of the official thread for calling this strategy what it is, albeit clumsily and with perhaps too much sarcasm)

It might be no worse than seasonal flu in terms of total death and demographic profile, but we don't know.
The virus has existed for little over six months and we have literally no idea what its long term progression is.

To paraphrase Epictetus:
"and if the virus should not kill them, will they not die?"
"Yes, but not all at once"

lane

Veteran
I think the answer is the TOTAL (not per person infected) death toll is about the same or worse than flu with a full lock down the like of which the country has never seen before. What do people imagine it would have been if we id nothing?

Local pub, book table, no "vertical drinking", limited capacity, queues if you have not booked.

Top Bottom