What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
Whilst I’m keen to get back to normality I think I’ll give the boozer a miss for the first few weeks ( we are a bit slower up here in Scotland at opening up) because I do think there might be a bit of carnage for few weekends whilst people get lockdown fever out their systems and also for bars to get used to any new systems.

local brewery keeping me sustained at the moment through their delivery service.

That is a right rowdy pub! Quite a few places (big chains) had signs up yesterday stating they were not opening until next week. I think that is a good move, it'd be too much to control for the bar staff and security. I expect all the indie bars to trade as normal, it's an opportunity and they need the cash.
wouldn't say rowdy mark*, just always very busy, often hard to get a seat. Not surprising, very busy (and fine) station.
*maybe haven't been when you are there - I'm there changing trains.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I don't drink but would avoid anyway. My concern is we are on holiday in a weeks time (unable to cancel it) and unsure what it will be like in the tourist areas, guess we'll see when we get there.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Just found out my very sensible* son has decided to defer opening his bar til the 9th, so as to avoid the crush.

Oh well, will just have to bike to the beach as per, then..

* No idea where he gets it from :rolleyes:

came past my local spoons after a ride yesterday.
It's an old 30s cinema so you can imagine it's pretty spacious (tho the upstairs has never been used for the pub - just as well as it threatened to collapse a year or so ago) - an extra notice seemed to have been added - in addition to other changes they have apparently removed a lot of tables and announced that the capacity is (from memory) 152. so I imagine they will be counting folk.

From the beeb this morning.

>>JD Wetherspoon - which has over 900 sites - is handing out slips of paper for punters to fill in and place in a box.

which tallies with what I read elsewhere in the press a day or two ago.

tho I have not seen it mentioned on the outside of any of their closed pubs.

I suspect that spoons is showing willing (they aren't the police) but that many folk won't fill them in or fill them in properly.

(no and that isn't a dig at their customers in case anyone jumps in)

Can't help but wonder how many cummings will be visiting.

Some of my cat show acquaintances were queueing at stupid-o-clock for the hairdressers. :wacko:

Me?

I slept in, sorted out the un-quarantined shopping, did my daily photo challenge thingy, have had lunch, am listening to the F1 qualifying from Austria and following the horse racing from Epsom. Later, I shall be dropping off some cherries for a friend (and grab a socially-distanced chat), then listen to Wolves v Arsenal on the radio. Afterwards, I'll cook supper, then chill for the evening before heading off to the Land of Nod.

Top Bottom