What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Up at 4:20am then a 6am-2pm shift, just got changed and am heading to the pub, might have 3 or 4 drinks over the day and conk out about 9 as I've another early shift tomorrow. My eldest son, like my daughter, lost his job via the lockdown and starts his new one this afternoon, behind a bar 4pm-11pm.^_^:cheers:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Going to a local pub with son#2. Really to just experience it as I've always enjoyed going to the pub and I want to see how different it will be

I was going to the Sam Smith's pub but I've heard they've massively increased prices, are refusing to take customer details and are cash only. So we're going elsewhere. I rang the pub and they're open but not sure how busy they will be. Interestingly they are still allowing customers to order drinks at the bar, albeit from a distance

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Working for an American company I normally enjoy 4th-July because it means I can get on with my work without interruption. But since this 4th-July is a Saturday and Coronavirus is still rampant then it’s like any other lockdown weekend for me.

Checked the app for my local spoons. They seem to have virtually no guest real ales on the app. Normally it's great. Maybe stocks are low, they are keeping them low.
An excellent strong brew seems to be on in colne, bit far for me to pedal though.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The local WAGs and 'trendies' were starting to gather in force when we drove past the pubs and bars on out way home from the tip [we know how to live]... lots of 30-somethings and the ageing 'hip' crowd spilling out into the road. It's going to be noisy later! There's even a massive tee-pee [sp?] in one of the pub car parks, so that they can drink e]ven if it rains...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

The beach was nice, but I forgot to take money for ice cream.

Now an old pal has come to visit and camp over.

Having lasagne, with a bottle of red wine for tea, under the lean to.

Happy days :smile:

dodgy

I went through Chester earlier and it was almost as busy as a 'normal' Saturday, most if not all shops open, pubs all busy including the racecourse bars. Lots of cheering and noise as I passed, think they were showing some old sport on TV. I was glad to get away from the crowds, it was a mistake just to ride through, never mind actually go into a pub.

screenman

Legendary Member
Working for an American company I normally enjoy 4th-July because it means I can get on with my work without interruption. But since this 4th-July is a Saturday and Coronavirus is still rampant then it’s like any other lockdown weekend for me.

I am the UK distributor for a USA company, I feel duty bound to raise a few glasses to them.

Reactions: JtB

MarkF

Guru
There's even a massive tee-pee [sp?] in one of the pub car parks, so that they can drink e]ven if it rains...

A couple of local pubs had them, that's because they won't allow standing inside and the forecast was wet...........once the seated areas were full you have to go outside, or maybe you wanted to stand anyway, I do, but not in the rain.

4 pubs, all busy, only one had a visible form filling entrance, not many took any notice of it. I heard one guy asking the manager (small chain) if he filled in a form and was then contacted, would he have to self isolate. The manager said, "We are just following government guidelines", this didn't answer the punters question so he asked if he had to fill it in and the manager said "no".^_^ That pub, the best locally, was a bit of a pain, lots of arrows and posters and do's & dont's, the other pubs were pretty normal, the latter will get the business tomorrow I am sure. I didn't see any bad behaviour but then I don't know how things will turn out later. Think I might do some more research tomorrow.:okay::cheers:

vickster

Legendary Member
My 78 year old dad was very pleased to get his hair cut today!
He went up at 8 to find a queue as had opened at 7. So Mario kindly booked him in and said to go home and come back at 11.30 👍
A friend‘s 16 year old son queued for an hour having got the barbers at 8.15. Apparently by far the earliest he’d dragged himself out of bed in 3 months :laugh:
I did spy a few queues at other barbers locally this morning.

I met a friend who’s been shielding for a little walk, and a chat with an outside coffee (unfortunately Starbucks) . First time she had been out in 3 months, other than to sort the bins!

I’ve not really taken any notice of pubs, if it’s stopped drizzling out, I might wander and see what’s happening at the big pub at the top of the road
Edit, just had a 4km round trip wander to Sutton, all very quiet. O’Neils busyish, All Bar One had one table of 3 or 4.
Wetherspoons, had a queue outside of younger punters (presumably as full as allowed to be inside).
All other bars / pubs (5 or 6) still closed. Certainly no carnage to be seen and the town centre doesn’t have the best rep of a Saturday night!

Last edited:

newts

Veteran
Mrs N managed to book our local indepandant pub/restaurant for an anniversary meal. A torrid 400m walk to get there! A very pleasant experience with tables well spaced out, great beer, food & hosts. Dining out is what we've missed most over the last 3 months. The evening was slightly marred by a pair of snowflakes who couldn't hold their liqour & moaned loudly about a table nearby, reckoned they were from more than 2 households. Management swiftly sent them packing with a flea in their ear😂🍻

Top Bottom