What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Why are you shopping at supermarkets in person when you all obviously have internet access?
Early on, the supermarket asked that we try to do it ourselves to save delivery slots for people who can't.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'll let the idiots get it out of their system that weekend and see how it goes for a wek or two after that before making any plans. When this all kicked off I did promise that I'd pay for a decent meal out for myself, my sister & her family and my mum & stepfather when the restrictions were relaxed so I hope it all goes smoothly.

It's my nephew's 16th birthday the following weekend so doubtless there will be some form of family get together then, especially as my niece missed out on her 18th in May.

johnnyb47

Guru
Weather depend, I'm going to go out cycling and find a nice quiet country pub and enjoy a nice pint of beer sitting outside in the beer garden. As for going down the local at night, I'll think i will give that a miss. It will probably be full of idiots for the first few weeks and I think social distancing in a pub full of drunks is not going to work..

AndyRM

XOXO

Why are you shopping at supermarkets in person when you all obviously have internet access?
Bizarre post from the land of the machine stops.
I do a lot of my shopping at lidls and aldis and i don't think they do food online. Have had no problems throughout this shopping and maintaining distance. I do lots of bike rides, always take panniers, if pass a quiet shop, grab a load, if not ride on and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Go to work. Come home. Go to sleep.
I'm in the land of Sturgeon so the relaxation of "the roolz" are delayed by a couple of weeks to make it look like her idea.
However, on our equivalent of the 4th July, I'll be keeping out of the way of the madness. Possibly for quite a while. I'm hoping to be coming to Englandshire in the middle of July; hopefully it will have calmed down by then.
Yes, is a bit of a transparent joke isn't it?
Let me provide an alternative interpretation, in the form of a short story

"Mum, can I go play tig with the buses?" asked Scott Land.
"No, don't be daft," replied the mater, "you'll get killed."
"But Muuum, Darren Englandshire says his parents will let him go play tig with the buses," plaintively wheedled the young Scott.
"Darren is an idiot and his parents are clearly also idiots, but I'll tell you what, if he plays tig with the buses for a couple of weeks without incident then you can join him," she promised.

Predictably, playing tig with the buses goes very poorly for Darren.

"Do you still want to play tig with the buses?"
"Not after what happened to Darren."

MarkF

Guru
I'll drive to my local pub,about 10.15pm and have one,maybe one and a half pints of beer. I think it would've been wiser to re-open the pubs on the 6th of July rather than the 4th. Many will go crazy seeing as it's on a Saturday and overdo it. Best to break them in gently on a mundane Monday i think.

I thought the same Accy, 18 of us NHS workers are going to Leeds and I expect the place to be rammed with many over doing it. The pubs/bars have zero chance of implenting the guidelines IMO, it'll be bedlam and it should have been a Monday.

Top Bottom