What do you intend on doing on the 4th July.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Worthy of capital letters.

Mod edit: no capitals in titles thank you.

I will start next Saturday by booking a bus for the following Saturday. Check opening times for telephone booking and make sure I book first.
I am assuming that the wearing of masks and 2 metres distance will remain for busses? That means only 2 people per bus. A couple of old ladies always book before me for the Saturday bus around 2 to 2.30 but that's just means I go for a 35 minutes journey instead of 15. BUT if they book first I may ended up going much earlier or much later. It could be anytime bugger if they get in first. Same again for Thursday for pie night at pub. Will have to book first thing Thursday for following Thursday night 6ish.
So Saturday butchers, fishmongers and cheese shop. Outdoor Market if it's open. Bloke does haggis sausage rolls and pies. Very good. Coffee shop where dog gets her first treats of the day. Then walk down the canal to my first pub of the day. Minimum of 6 real ales brewed on site and a guest. I will not partake of them all. Dog gets second lot of treats. Fit in another pub or two. Then final pub where dog gets her third treats of the day.
Taxi home about 8ish.
Thursday is just Beer and pie. The difficult decision is what pie. I think cow cheek with both mashed potatoes and chips plus mushy peas.
What's your plans

Last edited by a moderator:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think we will bunker down at home on 4th and let the idiots out for their fun.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I will start next Saturday by booking a bus for the following Saturday. Check opening times for telephone booking and make sure I book first.
I am assuming that the wearing of masks and 2 metres distance will remain for busses? That means only 2 people per bus. A couple of old ladies always book before me for the Saturday bus around 2 to 2.30 but that's just means I go for a 35 minutes journey instead of 15. BUT if they book first I may ended up going much earlier or much later. It could be anytime bugger if they get in first. Same again for Thursday for pie night at pub. Will have to book first thing Thursday for following Thursday night 6ish.
So Saturday butchers, fishmongers and cheese shop. Outdoor Market if it's open. Bloke does haggis sausage rolls and pies. Very good. Coffee shop where dog gets her first treats of the day. Then walk down the canal to my first pub of the day. Minimum of 6 real ales brewed on site and a guest. I will not partake of them all. Dog gets second lot of treats. Fit in another pub or two. Then final pub where dog gets her third treats of the day.
Taxi home about 8ish.
Thursday is just Beer and pie. The difficult decision is what pie. I think cow cheek with both mashed potatoes and chips plus mushy peas.
What's your plans
I'm staying in, sod catching a potentially fatal illness for the sake of paying through the nose for dodgy beer. :stop:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Taxi home about 8ish.
What's your plans
Bl**dy hell......you have an alcoholic dog that starts the day with a coffee :eek:.

Its MrsDs birthday but nothing will get us into those situations until WE think its safe.
Go for a ride/walk depending on weather.
Couple of stiff whiskies and a nice meal is how I see it.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Taxi home about 8ish.
What's your plans
Blimey - you like to spread it around don't you? Which town is this? Asking for a friend as he doesn't want to catch any nasty bugs.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'll be doing the same as today - looking out for myself. I won't be going in to any type of retail/hospitality/cinema until I find a safe one.

The businesses which are going to survive are those who do protect their customers rather than paying lip service to this.

I've just moved my supermarket shop to ASDA because they are streets ahead of Morrison's, Tesco and Sainsbury in store organisation.

Don't look after me? Don't expect my custom or money. Simple.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Continue attempting to minimise my direct contact with others, as I've been trying to do throughout the pandemic. As well as during the preceding 39 years :tongue:
Ha ha - me too... I was thinking the other day that I used to spend 95+% of my time indoors alone, but occasionally go out and cycle with other people. These past few months I have spent 95+% of my time indoors alone, but occasionally gone out and cycled by myself! :laugh:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Go to work. Come home. Go to sleep.
I'm in the land of Sturgeon so the relaxation of "the roolz" are delayed by a couple of weeks to make it look like her idea.
However, on our equivalent of the 4th July, I'll be keeping out of the way of the madness. Possibly for quite a while. I'm hoping to be coming to Englandshire in the middle of July; hopefully it will have calmed down by then.

alicat

Legendary Member
I've just moved my supermarket shop to ASDA because they are streets ahead of Morrison's, Tesco and Sainsbury in store organisation.

@PaulSB, please could you expand on what Asda are doing differently that makes you feel safer? And how big is your Asda? My nearest one is huge and I find it hard to imagine it being safer than other chains.

Top Bottom