What do you pack in your panniers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh and if you have no room in the panniers get one of these.....My link. :tongue:. I would give the girl a 'backy' too......:whistle:

I would go with bare minimum and see if you can multi-use stuff. For example, my D-lock worked well as a tent peg hammer :biggrin:

I was summer touring so didnt need any warm clothes but basically:

First aid kit

Bike tools

spare tubes & pump

Blow up mattress for tent

sleeping bag

blow up pillow

Couple of pairs of bike shorts and t-shirts

underwear.

Pair of trousers and a jumper
Bike lock

As I was travelling alone, a card with some emergency contact numbers on it taped to the front of the pannier.

Then on the rack.
Tent with vis jacket wrapped round it.

Front bar bag.

Passport, wallet, phone & other valuables.

That was about all i needed. It left me with space to store food. Had 3x bottle holders on the bike and i could strap a further 2 litre bottle with the tent on the rack. You'd be amazed how quickly it all weighs up though.
Take what you really need and not what you dont. Look at where youre going. Youre going to be passing through many towns, then its possible to buy stuff if you find you need it. For example if the first part of your tour starts in a hot climate, but later on its going to get much colder. Then buy the warm clothes on route rather than hauling them all right from the beginning. Post warm clothes back if youre heading into the heat.

clothes; camping gear if you're camping; cooking gear if you're cooking.

You mean like everything apart from what you cannot fit in :biggrin:

2007-1%252520Brittany%252520036.JPG

Top Bottom