Votes: 33 20.4%
  • Cordial, Sqaush, diluted juice etc

Votes: 48 29.6%
  • Undiluted Fruit Juice

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Home Made Drink

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben M

Usually squash and water, sometimes with some extra sugar in. I have a cereal bar with me if I need some energy.

Headgardener

Armchair Cyclist
Thin dilution of Robinson's Blackcurrant and Apple, just enough to taste the cordial and if I remember to put it in the fridge the night before then chilled as well.

sarahpink

usually water, drinks calories seem like a waste of calories for me. however on my sunday club run I take energy drink as dont get much chance to eat on the go been trying different ones high 5 and torq.

jdrussell

usually water, drinks calories seem like a waste of calories for me. however on my sunday club run I take energy drink as dont get much chance to eat on the go been trying different ones high 5 and torq.

Hi Sarah. Do you prefer high 5 or torq ?

jdrussell

Hi I feel the torq one is better for me in terms of keeping energy levels up and taste, its also got no artifical flavours, is pricey but i only use it once a week. their bars are good too.

Yeah I have use the recovery and energy drinks from prw. Both are really good.

johnpembo73

For training I use this:-

200ml or orange squash
1 litre of water
1 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons of local honey.

After the ride in recovery:-

400ml or orange squash
1 litre of water
1 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons of local honey.

Once mixed pour what you need in your bottle and off you go or scale it down. On longer runs over say 50 miles I plan on taking a few chicken sandwich's cut in to small mouth full pieces in foil.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Hi 5 Orange flavour every time , from spinning class to 100mile rides , always does its job , never had a cramp.

sabian92

Über Member
Apple squash. Don't like water in my bottle as it tastes a bit plasticky, even after 15+ decent hot soaks with washing up liquid. I don't mind much, I prefer the squash for the sugar anyway.

xxmimixx

Just plain water for me I' m very fussy on drinks cant have any Cordial, Sqaush, Sport or Energy drinks etc :blush:

Radman

Usually i take cordial but the other day i had one of the powerbar gels straw/banana

41g i think it helped with a bit of energy not sure if some of it is in the mind.

Top Bottom