What do you store in your Brompton frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
© @User

We know we're a resourceful lot and can fit all sorts of kit into all sorts of nooks and crannies on a bike. Brommys have a lovely hollow frame tube just begging to be filled up.

Have you done so & if so what with?

Mine:

In front of the hinge is now one of Brompton's bespoke toolkits (a Christmas present!) I did have tools in a latex glove there before.

behind the hinge, my Aldi waterproof packaway unfurled and stuffed in.

so how about yours?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Air

T4tomo

Legendary Member
This contains mistruthes or traces of mistruthes. It really contains a multi-tool, a 15mm spanner, tyre levers, and glueless patches, all in bits of inner tube to keep it quiet.
To be fair there may be a trace of mistruth in my claim, or it could be just the way its cut.:smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Most of the contents of an Aldi saddlebag tooklit - spanners, levers, patches and a very small multitool.
Cost a fiver, and came with a free saddlebag that's on another bike :biggrin:
Not quite as neat as the Brompton toolkit, I'll grant you, but £43 cheaper.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I also tried keeping a back-up map in the longer section of frame.
I had to go fishing for it with a mutilated coat-hanger...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
No, they are available to buy, eghere

Yes, they were withdrawn because the tyre levers snapped and yes, it took a while to relaunch.

Why try to pick holes in every post?

Just because every other twonk on CycleChat does it, there's no need for you to.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I am asking for someone who actually has the thing to give feedback on it. Have you got one?
I had one for all my B's as I kept forgetting to change it over. The tool is brilliant and very well made, I used it for all my maintenance as the ratchet is superb. It also was excellent for fixie riding due to the very comfortable 15mm spanner (make sure you use it with the cover ON or it will hurt your hand, and you'll bitterly complain all over the internet).

Re the tyre levers, I could (and plenty of others could too) put M+ tyres on with the original plastic levers and I still have them in the garage. This is because in complete contrast to Pale Riders experience, mine was excellent - Apple bikes told me the new levers were ready to pick up even though I didn't know they'd been updated.

Overall the tool is excellent value for money and FYI I sold all the ones I had for either very close to what I paid or more than I paid - but that's Ebay for you.

Top Bottom