What Do You Think About These Bike Choices?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Thanks for the tip also I think the faster you ride over a cattle grid the less vibrations.

You change the frequency of the vibrations by riding at a different speed, which subjectively may be less uncomfortable. Personally on the rare occasions I ride over cattle grids, I keep my speed sensible especially if the ground is wet.

Biker man

You change the frequency of the vibrations by riding at a different speed, which subjectively may be less uncomfortable. Personally on the rare occasions I ride over cattle grids, I keep my speed sensible especially if the ground is wet.
Yes of course I don't mean crazy speed just not to slow a bar was missing on one cattle grid a friend did a lot to damage to his wheel on one .

Biker man

The best way to reduce discomfort on short stretches of rough surfaces like cattle grids, is to get your backside off the saddle. Your legs and arms can act like suspension up to a point, because they have a pivoting joint in them. You at least then avoid the worst of the disturbance forces going straight up your spine via the frame and seatpost.
Cycling ultimately does not offer the sort of plush ride you can get in a motor vehicle. Sensible tyre widths and appropriate pressures for the rider and bike weight can go a long way to minimising the amount of vibration experienced, along with an intelligent riding style.

Top Bottom