What do you think about when cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
I think about not dying. So should you.
This, in a nutshell demonstrates the uselessness of thinking when riding.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was mainly thinking about giving evidence, this morning... if the 3 folks who overtook me on blind bends had come a cropper, what'd I say in court ? to the Coroner ? :sad:

Otherwise, plan the day ahead, thinking about work, holiday plans, or just enjoying the open air. :bicycle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Can you wear cycling glasses with aftershokz? I quite fancy a pair.
No problem. The 'arms' for the sunnies just slide right under the Aftershokz. I wear cycling glasses for every ride, just different lenses. 1 fly in my eye was enough :smile: Being able to wear my sunnies was the first question I asked at the shop.

Aftershokz are great. I have 'bluez' the bluetooth ones, and they are brilliant. No wires or anything and well worth the additional £15 IMO

Saluki

World class procrastinator
In heavy urban traffic, I just enjoy the buzz enormously. Turning into quieter roads. I like looking at the architecture. In parks, my singing makes passing dogs howl in pain.
I look at the scenery as it passes by. I have been known to sing when cycling - not up hills though. I've never thought of the catastrophic damaged that I may be causing to the ears of the local wildlife though.

No problem. The 'arms' for the sunnies just slide right under the Aftershokz. I wear cycling glasses for every ride, just different lenses. 1 fly in my eye was enough :smile: Being able to wear my sunnies was the first question I asked at the shop.

Aftershokz are great. I have 'bluez' the bluetooth ones, and they are brilliant. No wires or anything and well worth the additional £15 IMO

Payday treat time soon :-)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
The meaning of life the universe and everything

Dommo

Veteran
99% of my riding is in London traffic at the moment so I have an inner monologue running along the the lines of
"Look at this ****, he's going to turn left without indicating isn't he? Time to get well back...Yep."
<break from monologue to audible> "You ****!"
<back to monologue> "Oh look, despite looking me in the eye you're going to pull out from that side-road aren't you?"

It continues on like that for the length of the ride :smile:

RedRider

Pulling through
Towards the end of a longer ride I have a one track mind ...
14730.jpg

otherwise, I don't remember ever having a single significant thought in my head when cycling

Tynan

Veteran
I try not too, I find my attention starts to waiver once i start to think, that's enough to look out for and watch to keep me busy, girls in summer dresses being one

thefollen

Veteran
Currently on the tube I think about how I wish for my next contract to have cycle parking/shower facilites. Sorely missing the commute.

However.

When commuting:
I love the fact that whatever's going on in my life is put aside as I concentrate on everything around. My only care in the world is when the lights will turn, whether I can scalp that chap with his tri bars or whether that Prius will cut me up :tongue:

Sometimes I'll consider breakfast/dinner and am usually accompanied by the earlier-mentioned silly song of the day.

When on longer rides which aren't as 'intense':
Mind goes through everything and anything! Well, flitting between that and the next directional milestone.

Top Bottom