What do you think is a reasonable price at an Indian restaurant nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
Of course, the cost can also be influenced if you go with a couple of mates and an acquaintance who orders the sharing starter for himself, then the chef's special main, a veritable piggery of sides and drinks Kingfisher like he's trying to drown in it.

And then suggests it would be easier just to split the bill 4 ways....and gets away with it!

Bills should always be split evenly between the number eating - anything else is tightfisted.

If someone is at it they don't get invited again.

If someone says they will just pay for their own they doesn't get invited again.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Quality and price varies, just like other restaurants. I'm not sure why 'Indian' should be singled out.

Jimidh

Veteran
[QUOTE 4933748, member: 45"]We tend to be inclusive with our social get togethers.[/QUOTE]
Life's too short to spend it with tight wads.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well i used to take any couple, friends to a balti in Bourne nr Peterborough for a treat night.
Used to cost me around £80-£100 quid for a superb night with great food...
A Good balti is worth the extra

MarkF

Guru
Bradford is curryville, the Shipley Shimla Spice was closed last Monday so we went around the corner to the Aagrah. The cost was £58, same meal in Shimla about £30, ok in the Shimla you can bring your own alcohol, but we only had 2 beers! Tbh I am not even a curry fan and even with 40 years of eating them I still can't tell the difference between a good one and a bad one, it's all gruel to me.

In downtown Bradford you can stuff your face for £5.

PK99

Legendary Member
Of course, the cost can also be influenced if you go with a couple of mates and an acquaintance who orders the sharing starter for himself, then the chef's special main, a veritable piggery of sides and drinks Kingfisher like he's trying to drown in it.

And then suggests it would be easier just to split the bill 4 ways....and gets away with it!

you've met my ex mate then?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 4933585, member: 45"]Don't go to Akbar's in Leeds. Despite its reputation it's below rubbish.[/QUOTE]
I've heard that 'Alan's Snackbar' is good for a blow out......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom