what do you think of Amex cards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
[QUOTE 3449438, member: 259"]A must-have with any credit card. :smile:[/QUOTE]

Sounds a good deal, should you ever need to hire a cat!

Ah, see, I didn't know that...and there's me hiring cats out on a daily basis, having to fork out on new policies every day...bah!

Beat me too it.

But why the prejudice against mono hulls?
^_^^_^

byegad

Legendary Member
One of the best cards we ever had!

I took one out with a 0% interest rate on balance transferred and paid it off in good time.

BECAUSE.....

No beggar will ever take payment on one as Amex charge the seller far more than any other card provider. So I couldn't run up any extra debt on it.

vickster

Legendary Member
I got a BA one donkey's years ago for work travel. They charge a lot for foreign transactions which are now shown separately on statement. While I realise Mastercard and Visa probably build these into their exchange rates, having them separately is a pain for expenses claims. I haven't used mine now for a couple of years as a result

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Flat plastic? I thought that Croydon was just the goat shagging centre of the world, not a plastics abusing sort of place.

Oh no sir, plastic shagging is a world wide phenomenon, not just a Croydon of a thing. As for goats, well, nope, not seen any, though mutton, I'm told, is the trade substitute for the horned beast.

Think I will just go out and hire a cat.

Actually, I wish there were place you could hire a dog. A walk in the country is twice the pleasure with a dog, but I don't want the hassle of owning one.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Flat plastic? I thought that Croydon was just the goat shagging centre of the world, not a plastics abusing sort of place.

Oh no sir, plastic shagging is a world wide phenomenon, not just a Croydon of a thing. As for goats, well, nope, not seen any, though mutton, I'm told, is the trade substitute for the horned beast.

You two do realise that Ann Summers are based in Whyteleafe, don't you?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
No, I googled it. But my ex did work for Ann Summers for quite a while, and went to head office a few times. I just went to the tip with all the old, unwanted stuff... :blush:

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
[QUOTE 3451990, member: 259"]I had to return all mine as it wasn't fit for use. :whistle:[/QUOTE]
The worst bit is when you first start out. Back then, you needed to have a few parties arranged when they sign you up, so the done thing was to ask friends. And family. And back then, the orders were delivered to the organiser's home in a big box to be bagged it up and distributed to friends. And family...

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
You two do realise that Ann Summers are based in Whyteleafe, don't you?

No, I googled it. But my ex did work for Ann Summers for quite a while, and went to head office a few times. I just went to the tip with all the old, unwanted stuff... :blush:

Ha, ha, yes, I did. Not as exciting as it sounds though - just a big building near a roundabout and a Premier Inn - not sure if there's a tie in there :whistle: It's where their call centre lives and they have a depot there as well. A couple of friends used to work there years ago, one in the depot and the other on the phones and the stories they had were always amazing - all descriptive of course...no props required...most of the time...

Top Bottom