What do you think of my wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
Looks lovely. I know what my mum's comment would be though "think of the dust!". She's paranoid (and very practical) and hate things with nooks and crannies that will need dusting.

snorri

Legendary Member
I like the style, but have to say, for me it would have looked even better done with Caithness flagstone. The versatility and hue of the stuff from the north just holds a special appeal to me.:thumbsup:

Coco

Very nice Greedo. How has the join between the door and wall been done?

Greedo said:
The problem as always though is trying not to replecate it in future projects and it becoming too common. Always having to come up with different features, ideas etc.

Frank Lloyd Wright's yer man for more ideas.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

snorri said:
I like the style, but have to say, for me it would have looked even better done with Caithness flagstone. The versatility and hue of the stuff from the north just holds a special appeal to me.:rofl:

The reason i didn't use that as an option is it is too common in Scotland. Some of the streets in the city centre of Glasgow are paved with it. Wanted something not found in Scotland and something people would not have seen

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Coco said:
Very nice Greedo. How has the join between the door and wall been done?

Frank Lloyd Wright's yer man for more ideas.

Looked at a few options but eventually chased a channel down the stone with a stihl saw and smaller angle grinder and it sit seemlesly in and bolted from the frame side and then sealed with a died epoxy resin to make it weather tight.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Stephenite said:
A very neat job, greedo. And i like the general look.

How long did it take (in man hours)?

Cheers. took him 4 1/2 days. Just a young guy with a labourer with him.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fab job there........ although I'd sack the plasterer......he missed a big bit......;)

Top Bottom