What do you think of these wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I'd be interested to know what you think of these wheels, they look like a bargain.

I've heard of both Miche and Rigida, but am not really up on how they rank generally.

I want to replace my current wheels as they won't take QR skewers and are showing their age.

It's a late 80s/early90s bike that I recently bought and I'm pretty sure they are the original wheels (Rigida rims on Sachs-Maillard hubs).

Alternatively, I'd welcome your suggestions for replacements: I have a modest budget, but would rather pay a bit extra for decent quality (the roads round here aren't glassy smooth and I rack-up at least 100 miles a week).

Thanks for your time and trouble.

mr Mag00

rising member
i have wheels with a similar spoke arrangement and they are a bitch to make true if you knock them out of line even a slight buckle. save money and buy better.

OP
OP
Scilly Suffolk

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I hadn't thought about the spoke arrangement, I just thought they looked pretty cool: good point.

Yup, it's 130mm at the rear.

There are plenty of new/nearly new RS10 on ebay for under £100: fingers crossed.

Similarly, there are several pairs of Racing 7. I seem to remember that Fulcrums could be noisy, but I've also read that they have a "cool hum": any comments?

Thanks for your time & trouble.

Top Bottom