What do you think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

Having taken steps myself to become a safe and responsible cyclist I tend to scour youtube for videos of other riders to adopt new techniques and styles of riding.

I was pretty shocked when I came across this video

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzGj10fg2g&feature=related

Its not big and its not clever, as it shows total disregard for everyone - road users and pavement users alike.

I just thought Id share my rant with everyone :becool:

Mike

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Without looking at your link. I bet it's those tithead cycling couriers.

bauldbairn

Yeah! As IR said it's the couriers(messangers) and it's been discussed on here before.

Interesting video though and doesn't show responsible / safe cycling, cheers for posting again.:becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some awesome riding though.....:becool:

The bad thing is, these Alley Cat races are becoming very common in the UK. There is a very active scene in Manchester

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

bauldbairn said:
Yeah! As IR said it's the couriers(messangers) and it's been discussed on here before.

Interesting video though and doesn't show responsible / safe cycling, cheers for posting again.:laugh:

Ahh, sorry for the repost. Fairly new here so hadnt spotted it before :becool:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No worries Mike.
And some people wonder why motons and peds dislike cyclists. Not hard to see from that vid is it?

mike.pembo said:
Ahh, sorry for the repost. Fairly new here so hadnt spotted it before :becool:

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

ianrauk said:
No worries Mike.
And some people wonder why motons and peds dislike cyclists. Not hard to see from that vid is it?

Indeed. It made me sympathise with the argument of license plates for bikes to make individuals more responsible - although it probably wouldn't work anyway :wacko:

Not new, but fills me with dread every time. OK, so great riding skills on the face of it, but all it would take is a mum with a pushchair to emerge unseen and...

Norm

Particularly love cutting up the police car whilst RLJing on the wrong side of keep left signs at about 1' 28".

Mesmerising video but, at the same time, terrifying to be so reliant on the observation and good will of everyone else on the road and the pavements.

The only intelligible word on the video, about 5:30 in, sums them up for me, though.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Norm said:
Mesmerising video but, at the same time, terrifying to be so reliant on the observation and good will of everyone else on the road and the pavements.

The only intelligible word on the video, about 5:30 in, sums them up for me, though.

It's not just that...it's the number of times they hurtle into total blind spots - typically, the tiny gap between a bus and a traffic island - if a ped just happened to cross that gap in that instant, there would be absolutely nothing either of them could do to avoid a collision that would almost certainly lead to serious injury or worse.

Even as a confirmed RLJ-er, I have to say that this stuff is nuts - and utterly selfish. Risking your own life is your prerogative AFAIConcerned; risking other people's? No.

Top Bottom