What do you use to keep sweat out of your eyes when cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
Halo headbands. I think somebody on here recommended them back in the day. I never ride without one now!
https://www.haloheadbanduk.com/

Thanks for that link, I’ve just bought one :okay:

I normally use a Buff year round but on long summer rides it doesn’t stop the stinging sweat after a couple of hours, this Halo band sounds perfect.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Thanks for that link, I’ve just bought one :okay:

I normally use a Buff year round but on long summer rides it doesn’t stop the stinging sweat after a couple of hours, this Halo band sounds perfect.

when it gets wet just stick the other end over your noggin and the other end dry in the breeze.

I don't wear a helmet so this is easy for me.

CXRAndy

Guru
I tend to suffer from stinging eyes on as big event or first day of multi day tour. Then on day 2 the sweating no longer bothers me. Sweat can be literally pouring from my nose and chin and my eyes dont sting.

wonderloaf

Veteran
'Nuff said:
upload_2019-6-24_19-43-34.png

Globalti

Legendary Member
Buff here, it's warm in winter and cool in summer and prevents the helmet from getting smelly. Just rinse it out in the shower after the ride.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I find the lack of effort i put in stops me from sweating in the first place... the added bonus is one gets to spend more time cycling :okay:

Have you used that biketart? Any good? Reliable?
I have a pearl izumi which looks like that in black. Very good. If I hang it over my handlebars at stops it will even dry out pretty well. Used a traditional tennis towelling thing on a recent long ride - after a fair bit of sweating and rain it was amazing how heavy the thing was. For back up purposes only.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I have never used bike Tart.

I have the pearl izumi band linked in black and white.

Like you I like the fact its lightweight and wicking and just about dries off on a sunny cafe stop!

Nebulous

Guru
Its a huge problem for me. I sweat a lot and have no hair or eyebrows. Leaning forward it drops off the end of my helmet, but sitting more upright, particularly on a tough climb it can literally run into my eyes to the point I can't see. I wear a skull cap in colder weather, but it is too warm on hotter days. I've never tried a cyclecap.

I've sometimes wondered about that paste stuff some cricketers wear on their brows. If I angled it down it might direct the sweat away from my eyes.

Top Bottom