What documentary did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
This hasn't been done for a few years so due an update, perhaps.

A chance for folk to share their what documentaries they may have seen recently.

Having my life dominated these days by raising small, though inquisitive, humans I can only offer up to the forum the series Brave Wilderness on yootube (or yooperchoop, as it's called here). It's a very good show about discovering animals but, aimed at the younger viewer. Personally, I'm hoping for recommendations for an older but still inquisitive mind.

AndyRM

XOXO
Love on the Spectrum

I suppose it isn't necessarily a documentary, it's about people on the Autism spectrum dating and looking for relationships.

It's very wholesome, not exploitative in any way and I learned a lot from it, which I guess is why I'd consider it a documentary.

Saw Netflix "Untold - Indiana Pacers and Detroit Piston brawl".

Documentaries nowadays have people tell their side similar to our Daily Mail. The intention like the Daily mail is not to be fair to all parties but to provide entertainment. How people justify their poor conduct and behaviour in public has become entertainment. Yet these poor saps don't even realise viewers are laughing at them and not with them. It's no different to TOWIE.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Death and Resurrection Show. The story of the band Killing Joke.
Not the best music doc out there but some fascinating parts to it never the less. A bit overlong too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Love on the Spectrum

I suppose it isn't necessarily a documentary, it's about people on the Autism spectrum dating and looking for relationships.

It's very wholesome, not exploitative in any way and I learned a lot from it, which I guess is why I'd consider it a documentary.
We watched the second series just recently. You end up really rooting for them all to find love, which for most of them will unfortunately elude them. We love Micheal and his mum and Mark.

AndyRM

XOXO
We watched the second series just recently. You end up really rooting for them all to find love, which for most of them will unfortunately elude them. We love Micheal and his mum and Mark.

Michael and his mum are absolute legends. The episode where he goes to a 'normal' speed dating thing is incredible.

Loved Jimmy and Shamae too, especially putting up a marquee for his pool table.

Oh, and Andrew with his crown green bowling date was amazing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Also watched last night the documentary about the Essex lorry murders. Horrific that 39 people who just wanted a better life for themselves in the UK paid for it with their very sad deaths.

Top Bottom