What does attack means?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
I used to hear the commentaries in a competition "now he is attacking" What does that means? I can see he is speeding up than the rest but what if he runs out of breath later. So he's no more in attack mode?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Correct.
Its easier to follow. To lead, you need to put clear air between you and the person behind you in order to avoid giving them a drafting advantage, so you need to put in extra effort for a shorter period of time, hence an attack. Once you have put sufficient distance to avoid a counter-attack, then you need to at least hold that gap, or ideally extend it gradually. Hopefully by this point the group behind has given up, and has dropped the pace, giving your lead a further boost.

OP
OP
N

novetan

Über Member
Correct.
Its easier to follow. To lead, you need to put clear air between you and the person behind you in order to avoid giving them a drafting advantage, so you need to put in extra effort for a shorter period of time, hence an attack. Once you have put sufficient distance to avoid a counter-attack, then you need to at least hold that gap, or ideally extend it gradually. Hopefully by this point the group behind has given up, and has dropped the pace, giving your lead a further boost.

I see, Well explained. Tks.

Top Bottom