What does your desk tell us about you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
My desk - I've blurred out the giveaway information that I don't want to post on a public forum but I've left a good few clues in there...

desk1.jpg

For a bonus, here's the floor under my desk...

desk2.jpg

d.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
^^ Apollo Creed & Alf Garnett?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
^^ Apollo Creed & Alf Garnett?

It's not Alf Garnett - believe it or not, it's Eddie Murphy in Coming To America. That's the red herring - it was put there by a particularly daft colleague (as was the Apollo Creed pic, which is actually on another colleague's adjacent desk space) and I hope says more about him than it says about me.

d.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My desk - I've blurred out the giveaway information that I don't want to post on a public forum but I've left a good few clues in there...

View attachment 8014

For a bonus, here's the floor under my desk...

View attachment 8015

d.
I'll have a stab.

-Fruit and water suggests a healthy approach, cycle desktop suggests this includes cycling (no brainer given where you are posting!!) cycle paraphernalia under the desk supports this
-You work on an apple desktop, which suggests you work in a creative meduim, but you reject a high def/jumbo monitor (nor an apple for that) so I suspect you work in publishing as opposed design.
-Collins tome supports the above and suggests "literary" publishing...ie you write books or magazine articles
-Copies of magazines on desk support the above.
-Red pen suggests you either censor or edit copy/text. You are an editor
-Position of pen suggests you are left handed, position of mouse suggests you are right, so you are ampidextrius.
-Position of phone indicates right hand brain function whilst on the phone (visual, linear, factual)...you are a detail person
-organised layout suggests an organised mind/persona I suspect you are disciplined and process driven.
-Sealed bag of fruit suggests you are measured and not prone to over consumption (supports the above)
-Gaffer tape on mouse pad suggests you are loyal and a traditionalist (perhaps a little tight!)

how am I doing so far?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'll have a stab.
-Fruit and water suggests a healthy approach, cycle desktop suggests this includes cycling (no brainer given where you are posting!!) cycle paraphernalia under the desk supports this

Yup. Almost exclusively cycling, in fact.

-You work on an apple desktop, which suggests you work in a creative meduim, but you reject a high def/jumbo monitor (nor an apple for that) so I suspect you work in publishing as opposed design.
-Collins tome supports the above and suggests "literary" publishing...ie you write books or magazine articles
-Copies of magazines on desk support the above.
-Red pen suggests you either censor or edit copy/text. You are an editor

All good. I'm a chief sub. Though not on a "literary" title. Rather a long way from that end of the spectrum, tbh...

-Position of pen suggests you are left handed

Ha! No, the position of the pen is a red herring, I'm afraid - albeit not a deliberate one.

-organised layout suggests an organised mind/persona I suspect you are disciplined and process driven.

Mental chaos is my natural state, so keeping strict order on my desk, along with copious lists and notes, is the only way I can cope with my job. My desk at home is a complete mess.

-Sealed bag of fruit suggests you are measured and not prone to over consumption (supports the above)

Aha! It's not fruit...

-Gaffer tape on mouse pad suggests you are loyal and a traditionalist (perhaps a little tight!)

Jeez, you know more about me than I know myself. ^_^

how am I doing so far?

I'm impressed.

d.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Yup. Almost exclusively cycling, in fact.

All good. I'm a chief sub. Though not on a "literary" title. Rather a long way from that end of the spectrum, tbh...

Aha! It's not fruit...

Jeez, you know more about me than I know myself. ^_^

d.

Glad I worked out your job. I just need to work out what medium now....hmmm.

and its not fuit?

good, I like a challenge.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Damn, I cant make out whats written on the "fruit" bag...is in UNFL...? and what's with the bluetac and the key fob...or are they both red herrings?
Also something in the cereal bowl...not sure what's going on there.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You're a bit of an Artemide fanboy, as there is a Tolomeo lamp peeping over the monitor?

Well spotted...and yes I am.. its a occupational hazard. I also have one in the garage (Of all places) and use it as an inspection lamp...it was a freebie I hasten to add

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Damn, I cant make out whats written on the "fruit" bag...is in UNFL...? and what's with the bluetac and the key fob...or are they both red herrings?
Also something in the cereal bowl...not sure what's going on there.

"Union", if that helps. And the item in the bowl is related. The "key fob" is my bike computer. The Blu-tac is a red herring.

d.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
"Union", if that helps. And the item in the bowl is related. The "key fob" is my bike computer. The Blu-tac is a red herring.

d.

Ah right, so its Union hand roasted coffee (the other item is an espresso filter thingy). which suggests you are a coffee drinker...no connoisseur... as you import your coffee from the east end of London to York.

This suggests you are a travelled person who edits something...but not literaature.

do you edit cartoon/films that are published in the east end of London?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ah right, so its Union hand roasted coffee (the other item is an espresso filter thingy). which suggests you are a coffee drinker...no connoisseur... as you import your coffee from the east end of London to York.

Not sure where you got York from - I work in London. And Union is slumming it - I usually get my coffee from Monmouth, so more snob than connoisseur. ;)

d.

Top Bottom