What does your desk tell us about you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
GrasB pt 2... the desk at home:
33za16e.jpg
Interesting array of input devices there...does your mouse have a cold, it appears to be sitting on a hanky?

Attachments

• 33za16e.jpg
    33za16e.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My home desk....

6868008850_11ef09a374_b.jpg
I'm not allowed to do yours, I know too much about you already!...but the clues are there (eyeline wide screen monitor for creative work, speaker set up, microphone, PC and Mac use)

didnt know you were an Aston fan though, what is that a DB5 and a vanquish?

Attachments

• 6868008850_11ef09a374_b.jpg
    6868008850_11ef09a374_b.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 38

GrasB

Veteran
Interesting array of input devices there...does your mouse have a cold, it appears to be sitting on a hanky?
Yeah keyboard & t-ball for the PC under the desk then a keyboard & mouse for the iMac. The mouse is on a A5 piece of paper which has a few dabs of low-stick glue on the back side to keep it on the desk, it's a temporary measure. When I get the iMacs replacement things are going to get re-arranged a little bit & I can then get the mouse mat out again. I can also open the blinds & let some light into the room (I can't put the iMac anywhere that doesn't mean I end up with a window reflection obscuring half the screen when it's sunny out)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm not allowed to do yours, I know too much about you already!...but the clues are there (eyeline wide screen monitor for creative work, speaker set up, microphone, PC and Mac use)

didnt know you were an Aston fan though, what is that a DB5 and a vanquish?
There are a few clues in there about some stuff you might not be aware of ;)

I like a nice aston martin :smile:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
There are a few clues in there about some stuff you might not be aware of ;)

I like a nice aston martin :smile:
okay, I'm game

-You do, or have suffered from RSI
-Am a keen photographer.
-Don't wear a watch
-Multitool and chain links = bike fan (again thats a given)
-We know you use and edit videos
- I'm aware you work in new media design/publishing (but the different flavours of desktop/op.sys and monitors would have suggested as much)
-Dont carry a lot of cash (wallet is slim)
-you are a fan of retro fashion, Wayfarer's
-I suspect from the Raybans and the models you own a convertable car
-Not a coffee drinker, nor tea
-cant see the badge but sure it means something
-Likewise i cant make out the white square object on the right of the shelf...or what looks like a money clip on the left...important?
-your next door neighbour drives a blue nissan micra (or is that yours and I am wrong about the convertable)
-you live in a cul-de sac with some parking restrictions
-have leaded windows (probably a bay window)

I'm sure there's more, I'll keep looking

*Edit...*
-oh you work at your desk in shorts (probably your cycling gear!)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I don't have a desk at work, so here's my 'desk' at home. Doubles as dining table, and workspace for my crafts. I don't think there's much relevant to the crafts on there though, or my job.

Otherwise, fire away! ;)
DSCN3114.JPG

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
okay, I'm game

-You do, or have suffered from RSI - Yes (the mouse)
-Am a keen photographer. - yes
-Don't wear a watch - I only wear it when I go out of the house
-Multitool and chain links = bike fan (again thats a given) - The chain links are actually a bracelet
-We know you use and edit videos
- I'm aware you work in new media design/publishing (but the different flavours of desktop/op.sys and monitors would have suggested as much)
-Dont carry a lot of cash (wallet is slim) - I hate a big wallet, in fact that wallet is rather big for my taste
-you are a fan of retro fashion, Wayfarer's - Nah, those are 3d glass from a cinema, i'm not into retro.
-I suspect from the Raybans and the models you own a convertible car - Whilst the glasses aren't ray bans, I do own some ray bans, but not a convertible
-Not a coffee drinker, nor tea - I don't drink hot drinks, or intact any caffeine (the odd can of coke)
-cant see the badge but sure it means something - The badge links to my line of work, it's an opera badge
-Likewise i cant make out the white square object on the right of the shelf...or what looks like a money clip on the left...important? -It's a case for a lens filter (photography)
-your next door neighbour drives a blue nissan micra (or is that yours and I am wrong about the convertible) - wrong about the convertible and my neighbour doesn't drive a blue car
-you live in a cul-de sac with some parking restrictions - Nope
-have leaded windows (probably a bay window) - Yes and yes

I'm sure there's more, I'll keep looking

*Edit...*
-oh you work at your desk in shorts (probably your cycling gear!) - rarely and no
It's actually very interesting to see what you pick up on.

Missed one thing and that is the poker chips (perhaps chip from the POV of the shot) behind the bracelet. I played a lot of poker at uni and made very good money doing so.

Well, I don't have a desk at work, so here's my 'desk' at home. Doubles as dining table, and workspace for my crafts. I don't think there's much relevant to the crafts on there though, or my job.

Otherwise, fire away! ;)
View attachment 8142
Suggest changing the fork for a spoon if Rice Krispies are the next thing in the bowl Arch. I spotted threecapsmcginty's school cap tucked in there somewhere, and, if you saw 40mm off your chair using your tenon saw (it's behind the PC screen, under the bum bag and the greetings card bag...and put away that medication in case you have tiny tot visitors - oh sorry, it's a tablet PC, as you were) you'll be able to relocate that oily Brompton box - to under the scissors and mobile for example.:smile:

Top Bottom