What does your home town/location mean to you ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
Taken down stone by stone (the stones were worth summat) about 8 years ago. It's last use was a Vietnamese cannabis farm,then it started to fall to pieces. Now it's a fenced off brown site,where many trees have sprouted up.

View attachment 570939

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11080350.19th-century-great-harwood-pub-demolished/
The Telegraph are on form
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19043651.memories-nelson-nightclub-el-trop/?ref=ebl

F8633D9D-4D23-4EA8-87F4-14C8C507903C.jpeg

edit: sorry I didn’t see your earlier post

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's ok. The photo is from the mid 1960's,which was way before our time. The comments in the report are sadly,mostly slagging the place off. One even mentioned getting a black eye in 2004. I thought the place closed many years before that,but maybe not. Sunday nights in the early to mid 1980's,in El Tropicano were ok for me!:okay:

Do you remember The Hop in Burnley? I never went in the place. I just parked my car up over night on their car park sometimes.

1611889060524.png

Last edited:

GetFatty

Über Member
That's ok. The photo is from the mid 1960's,which was way before our time. The comments in the report are sadly,mostly slagging the place off. One even mentioned getting a black eye in 2004. I thought the place closed many years before that,but maybe not. Sunday nights in the early to mid 1980's,in El Tropicano were ok for me!:okay:

Do you remember The Hop in Burnley? I never went in the place. I just parked my car up over night on their car park sometimes.

View attachment 571052
The Trop was a bit of a dive to be honest, a very strange place. It was going until about 2005 I think. I met SWMBO in 1999 and it was about 5 or 6 years later we were visiting my parents. She‘s a Londoner and I’ve lived here since 1991 and we were really struggling with the concept that what few restaurants Nelson had shut at 10.30. Then I remembered the Trop had this weird hatchway where you could buy microwaved pizza so we went there. We didn’t stay long (partly because even the hatch was closed). She’s surprisingly still with me though.

I do remember the Hop although I didn’t go out much in Burnley. I did go to school there though so have memories of the Talbot (got a wee bit p****d before the second paper of my computer science A level)

Top Bottom