What drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hutch118

Hey folks, advice on what everyone takes in their water bottles on a run. What's recommended as in additives or supplements that give a wee bit energy and flavour.

Thanks. Hutch.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just water or any squash will do.

OP
OP
Hutch118

Hutch118

Cheers guys, I just ask the question as there seems to be all sorts of wee sachets and extras in the shops at the counters and wondered if they were any good.

OP
OP
Hutch118

Hutch118

The runs are just average Sat/Sunday 10-20-30 miles out with family or my mates. It was just a question to see what folks used or if there was something I should be using that would keep me hydrated and keep the energy levels decent.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I use Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant squash. If I run out whilst on a ride I just buy water and if I feel like I am really flagging then a can of coke is the wonder drug.

I take one bottle of orange squash has to be robinsons of course and one bottle of water. I have tried energy drinks and the high 5 tabs but I dont like them and they upset my stomach so just stick to water and squash.

BrynCP

Über Member
I used to take 50% water 50% pure orange juice, with a bit of salt. The sugar from the juice was a help when I was tiring when building up my fitness.

However, these days anything up to 70 miles and I can just manage with 2 600ml bottles of water.

vickster

Legendary Member
Latte to go with the cake ;) or water. possiy a high 5 zero pink grapefruit tab in one bottle when it's hot

ScotiaLass

Guru
Just water here, although I keep one of those small concentrated juice things in my bag incase I want to flavour it.
The citrus one is nice though I don't think its a Robinsons one

rang_660.jpg

Top Bottom