What else should fish 'n' chip shops sell?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good God, no man! Pheasant should always be served rare....
And peasants should be served in McDonalds.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Good God, no man! Pheasant should always be served rare....
They're certainly edible when served rare (presumably roasted?), but I said "to get the best out of them". This involves slow cooking in an appropriate sauce.
I'd guess you're not familiar with the wide variety of internal parasites which can infest pheasants and can survive the kind of cooking you prefer?

Oh, and I don't recommend long hanging. Get the evidence consumed ASAP, I reckon.:secret:

U

User482

Unless it is in a pie it should be (you could possibly get away with medium rare).

@Poacher is on the money: slow cooking through braising, casserole or pot roast works brilliantly for whole birds. My personal favourite is a pot roast whole pheasant (or partridge) with some liquid and fat, usually chorizo and white wine, but bacon, port, cider, etc also work well. Reduce the sauce while you're resting the bird.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
@Poacher is on the money: slow cooking through braising, casserole or pot roast works brilliantly for whole birds. My personal favourite is a pot roast whole pheasant (or partridge) with some liquid and fat, usually chorizo and white wine, but bacon, port, cider, etc also work well. Reduce the sauce while you're resting the bird.
Agree partridge and grouse are good roasted and hence fine to have slightly rare, ditto snipe woodcock quail etc.

Partridge I like to confit the legs and then pan fry the breasts for a minute or so each side

But pheasant is better in a pie or casserole, slow cooked

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Sea Bass Burgers

ozboz

Guru
I would like to see Bratwurst in some Chippie's , charcoal cooked , the was the staple diet of many Squaddies in Germany , nicer than saveloy in my book , some of the vans used to sell currywurst also ,

Top Bottom