What else should fish 'n' chip shops sell?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Eat in licensed chippies are common enough in the North but I don't remember ever seeing a licensed take away up here. I don't think Shandy Bass counts either

I was desparing you lads had got to page five before the booze came in.

I can't believe fish and chips doesn't come with a Chardonnay "meal deal" across the South.

Senseless waste.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Scraps are part of the staple diet in East Yorkshire.

Scraps are those batter bits that come off the fish. I've never known anyone else call them scraps. What do they call them where you are?

I went into a chippy in macc a few months ago and asked for fish, chips, mushy peas scraps & gravy (in that order!) and they looked at me blankly. when I explained what scraps were they showed me a big dirty box full of the batter bits ready to go in the bin :eek:
We called them scraps in Coventry too.

When I first went into a chip shop in Hebden Bridge, I asked for a chip batch. I got the blank stare thing. They asked what a chip 'batch' was. Chips in a batch. What's a 'batch' ...? :whistle:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Personally, I think the range of chips in these shops is way too limited. I'd love to get my hands on some DDR3 1866MHz chips, but no shops sell any! :cry:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They used to sell "dabs" or something similar sounding around here. If i remember they were sliced potatoes in batter. So we had a dab and chips which is an all potato meal apart from the bit of batter.:tired:

Top Bottom