What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Spartacus the other night . It's been a while since I've seen it. Not bad a bit hammy in places but looks good.

7/10

Vertigo last night, dull and plotless. 3/10

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Americans saved the World.Ha ha.
Oh, but they did! Watched Saving Private Ryan again last night. What a piece of work. I remember when it came out all the hype about the realism of the battle scenes. Well for once you can believe the hype - absolutely gut-wrenching stuff. But it's far from being just a Boys Own action movie - indeed, anything but. Far from a derring do tale of nobility and victory thru' moral superiority, it's an enormously ambitious, triumphantly realised and utterly believable portrayal of men in all their variety and complexity struggling above all for survival, but motivated also both by the immense power of comradeship and a genuine if barely understood or articulated belief in the righteousness of a cause. A truly majestic piece of work, an immense example of film doing what only film can do, and a worthy salute to the everyday heroes it depicts. If Saving Private Ryan doesn't deserve 10/10, I really don't know what does.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
French Connection. Watched because Mrs 3BM just read the book and thought it would be a good idea to take another look. It is a good film, there's a lovely gritty look to New York. Nicely shot with some good acting, the on off subway scene is fun, looney car chase, cops arguing and a really off-beat jazz score. And the blood is bright red!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
...If Saving Private Ryan doesn't deserve 10/10, I really don't know what does.

Police Academy 23?

Drago

Legendary Member
The Dirty Dozen. Fifty years old, still entertaining. The violence was considered quite nasty at the time. 7/10.

Interestingly, it prompted me to brush up on my film knowledge so I hit Wikipedia and discovered the film was in part inspired by a real WWII unit of native American pathfinders called the Filthy Thirteen. So not only was I entertained, it expanded my already burgeoning brains.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Oh, but they did! Watched Saving Private Ryan again last night. What a piece of work. I remember when it came out all the hype about the realism of the battle scenes. Well for once you can believe the hype - absolutely gut-wrenching stuff. But it's far from being just a Boys Own action movie - indeed, anything but. Far from a derring do tale of nobility and victory thru' moral superiority, it's an enormously ambitious, triumphantly realised and utterly believable portrayal of men in all their variety and complexity struggling above all for survival, but motivated also both by the immense power of comradeship and a genuine if barely understood or articulated belief in the righteousness of a cause. A truly majestic piece of work, an immense example of film doing what only film can do, and a worthy salute to the everyday heroes it depicts. If Saving Private Ryan doesn't deserve 10/10, I really don't know what does.
I watched the trailer once and thought it looked sh!t. Plus it's got Tom Hanks in it, which is never a good thing.

Top Bottom