What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've never seen the dubbed version. But I suppose animated films are a bit of an exception as generally the dub is less of a distraction, for me anyway.

I don't speak Japanese (Mrs D tells me short, stacatto random grunting isn't Japanese) so I had no choice but to watch it in dubbed form. Ah, Kaneda's bike...

Rumours are there's a live action version in the making. Let's hope they do it proper justice.

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't speak Japanese (Mrs D tells me short, stacatto random grunting isn't Japanese) so I had no choice but to watch it in dubbed form. Ah, Kaneda's bike...

Rumours are there's a live action version in the making. Let's hope they do it proper justice.

That's been a rumour for years, I'd be amazed if it actually happens. But Ghost in the Shell did really well, so I suppose there's a chance.

AndyRM

XOXO
Same as IP Man series for me, really good films but subtitles take your eyes off all the action!.

It probably helps that I've watched loads of subtitled films and TV, so I can weirdly read and watch at the same time.

I get the frustration with them, they are generally a bolted and generic affair, but a film called Night Watch raised the bar:

https://readingsounds.net/subtitles-as-art/

I've not seen anything like it since. Great film too, and the sequel Day Watch is well worth checking out. I live in hope that the conclusion to the trilogy, Dusk Watch gets made one day.

Adam4868

Guru
The Prestige i dont know why ive never seen it because i like Nolan as a director and Christian Bale.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
It probably helps that I've watched loads of subtitled films and TV, so I can weirdly read and watch at the same time.

I get the frustration with them, they are generally a bolted and generic affair, but a film called Night Watch raised the bar:

https://readingsounds.net/subtitles-as-art/

I've not seen anything like it since. Great film too, and the sequel Day Watch is well worth checking out. I live in hope that the conclusion to the trilogy, Dusk Watch gets made one day.

The books are far, far, far superior to the films plus there’s six of them! By Sergei Lukyanenko.

Top Bottom