What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm sorry to say I saw it a few years ago and laughed until I switched it off.
It just ran the whole horror cliche rule book. Every shot was predictable.
Yep, I can't say I disagree. It's 'of its time', it was a film I enjoyed at the time but:giggle: seeing it now, it's all a bit...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Cloverfield.
Wow!
Another one on the never saw at the time list.
Effective, involving, loud, unpredictable and unique.
Really enjoyed it.
9/10.
Part of its perfection is the fact that it's also only an hour and ten minutes long... or an hour and twenty-five if you sit through the closing credits.

Another great 'found footage' film you may have missed is Troll Hunter.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Part of its perfection is the fact that it's also only an hour and ten minutes long... or an hour and twenty-five if you sit through the closing credits.

Another great 'found footage' film you may have missed is Troll Hunter.
I’m not keen on these ‘found footage’ films. The camera wobbles tha5 much through, it makes you feel seasick.

stephec

Legendary Member
Last night was a double bill of Ip Man, ad Ip Man 2.

Both are top class when it comes to baddie bashing action, but the first one has the better plot.

I'll probably end up watching the third one tonight, apparently he ends up fighting Mike Tyson in that one.

9/10 + 6/10.

Closer - with Julia Roberts and Jude Law.

Easily the worst film I’ve seen with either of these two actors.

Warning! Copious overuse of sexually explicit language - don’t watch with your wife and teenage daughter like I did. :thumbsdown:

0/10

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Event Horizon has just started on the SyFy channel. I used to love that film but not sure if it's a bit dated now. Gonna give it a go.

mmm, bit of a game of two halves that one. superb build of of wonder and menace in the first half then descends into all the corniest horror cliches imaginable in the 2nd half.

Spinning Man.
A top class cast in another film where you're not really seeing the truth.
Brosnan loses the action man typecast. Pearce plays the psychological role as well as ever.
But why does he turn up and start confessing? Are we meant to conclude that the truth is a figment of our imagination?
7/10.

keithmac

Guru
Deliverance.

Making sleeveless wetsuits and bow and arrows cool again. Menacing, shocking, lots of words that end with ing. A bona fide classic.

9/10.

Squeal like a piggy boy!.

Watched this for the firts time a month ago, don't think my wife was too impressed with it though!.

Drago

Legendary Member
Three Billboards.

I wasn't so impressed myself, although the individual performances were almost universally awesome. Wood Harrelson topping himself was cracking, dramatic yet saddening.

Very good, but not quite for the reasons the pundits reckoned.

7.5/10.

Top Bottom