What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rainy afternoon yesterday so I watched The Lone Ranger 1956 on YouTube. Weak plot, poor acting but I loved it! I have always loved these clichéd 40s and 50s westerns, and this was as good, and bad, as any of them.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Event Horizon has just started on the SyFy channel. I used to love that film but not sure if it's a bit dated now. Gonna give it a go.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Mission Impossible: Fallout

Enjoyable action film. No thinking required (it is an action film). Some great stunts, all the more impressive as Cruise does nearly all of them himself including a HALO jump from 25,000 feet. Simon Pegg is great as always. Henry Cavill was OK. Very good to see the Ilsa Faust character who is almost as daredevil and effective as Ethan Hunt (almost, because it’s Cruise’s film, he’s the main star, and wouldn’t want to be upstaged).

7/10

AndyRM

XOXO
Event Horizon has just started on the SyFy channel. I used to love that film but not sure if it's a bit dated now. Gonna give it a go.

Event Horizon is a great film. Shame it was knackered a bit by Paramount because otherwise I reckon it would be considered alongside Alien and Cube as sci-fi horror greats.

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody at the cinema yesterday afternoon. As long as you go in with the mindset that it’s not going to be 100% factually correct and obviously “sensationalised” a bit for film, then it’s really enjoyable. The music is great as always.

gavgav

Guru
Hot Fuzz - seen it before ages ago. I always thought Shaun Of The Dead was Edgar Wright's best comedy film, but this is better 8.5/10
One of my favourite all time films

Drago

Legendary Member
The Departed.

A puzzling film of many disjointed ingredients that just somehow works very well. Surprisingly, Mark Wallyberg puts in a good performance, probably because he's playing himself. Alex Baldwin is mesmerising as the slightly obtuse and very verbose police captain, Martin Sheen is great as the straight man at the top of the tree, and Jack Nicholson is delicious as the oirish gangland leader.

Extremely violent, with a well paced plot, and an unetterly unforseen and brilliant twist at the very end. Well worth getting in some beer and Doritos and settling in for this one.

8/10.

Top Bottom