What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Well, I watched Sicario 2 last night. Good, but not as good as the first one. It's been a while since I saw a movie with such an obvious "there's gonna be another one after this" ending, too.

7/10

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Eye in the sky.

Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman, to whom I'm distantly related.

Billed as a tense drama about the inhumanity of military drone strikes. In reality it's a boring load of twaddle. Even Uncle Alan ripping the sheet out of spineless ministers couldn't raise the bar. We don't want wailing and gnashing of teeth at the inhumanity of war - we want explosions, severer limbs, terrorists being vapourised by unfeasibly large weapons. There is a good reason only 4 people went to see this at the cinema (and one of those was the pet dachshund, named Colin, of one of the 3 human viewers), and that's because it was crap.

2/10.
I saw this on a plane flying to somewhere or other, and thought it quite good 7/10

benb

Evidence based cyclist
BlackKklansman

(loosely) based on the true story of the first black policeman in Colorado Springs, who infiltrated the local KKK chapter.
Funny, gritty, interesting, grim, uplifting. And a warning.

Well worth a watch. 8.371 /10

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Sicario 2 - nowhere near as good as the first. 6/10

BlacKkKlansman - Really good, and pretty funny, best recent film I've watched for ages 8/10

Goosebumps 2 - At the cinema with my daughter, I fell asleep half way through it, it was that bad. She said it was great. I'm giving what I saw 3/10

The Matrix - I watched this when it first came out and thought it was weird. I wasn't that young either. I thought it was totally awesome can't believe that I haven't watched it since 1999. 9/10

I tried watching The Matrix Reloaded as I liked The Matrix s much. I had to switch it off after 10 minutes, it was ridiculous.

The Presidio.
Mark Harmon looking like a mere pup compared to Gibbs in NCIS, Sean Connery in full Scots gruff mode and Meg Ryan <sigh>.
I only had one big problem that I never noticed before - The rear view mirror in that bloody car!! In one shot it's not there at all, then it is, then just the mounting base is there. It's so glaring you end up missing the lines and looking for the flippin mirror.
In bygone years a 7/10. Now a 3/10 because I'll always look at the damned mirror.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Presidio.
Mark Harmon looking like a mere pup compared to Gibbs in NCIS, Sean Connery in full Scots gruff mode and Meg Ryan <sigh>.
I only had one big problem that I never noticed before - The rear view mirror in that bloody car!! In one shot it's not there at all, then it is, then just the mounting base is there. It's so glaring you end up missing the lines and looking for the flippin mirror.
In bygone years a 7/10. Now a 3/10 because I'll always look at the damned mirror.
Or the no mirror. Or the mirror. Or the no mirror. Or the....:whistle:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It Came from the Desert

Based on the 1989 action-adventure game of the same name.

This comedy certainly doesn't take itself seriously.

It tries to be like a Sharknado film but probably tries a little too hard.

Some funny bits though - including giant ants chugging kegs and burping.

Worth watching if (like me) you love your naff CGI/Rubber monster movies.

5/10

The Presidio.

I like the scene in the bar where Connery just uses his thumb to dispatch the louts. But only his left thumb as his right thumb is far too powerful (I use a similar line when taking the lids off jars for may wife).

Top Bottom